1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help with gold R4i 1.4 please!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by justin71, May 6, 2010.

1. justin71

justin71 Member

Hi everyone

My son has had a dsi since late last year and only a few games have not worked, but this is the last straw as his and my fave game sega sonic all star racing wont work on it. I started googling the problem and it gave me a headache and I got very confused, some ppl said to use a special loader and then someone said to use wood, which I dl'd but dont know how to get it to boot.

Anyways, I am looking for a suggestion to best update his card to the firmware or kernel that will work with sega all stars racing. As its the gold card, I thought I had to use special firmware but it looks like I just use R4i firmware.

At the moment I have downloaded from R4 site - R4i 1.4 V1.20b and I downloaded Wood r4 1.06 but dont know how to use it or boot it. Even if I could patch it or get a working version of all star racing that would be cool, but I would basically like to be able to play whatever is out there as I have all the roms on my computer and when I eventually get a DSI xl (do they have cards for these yet even?) I will use them myself.
    thanks, Justin

2. wenandjjj

wenandjjj Member

Hi
    I have downloaded the v1..20b version aswell and all the games work on it ie sonic classic sega all star racing and wario diy
    all i did was re format the card first, make sure you take the games off and put in file on your desk top and then extract the v1.20 onto your card then put the games back on and away you go dont put the wood on as I think that is for the origianl r4 card only it worked for me and i had gone around the houses with the wood r4, ys menu ect

Hope it helps :)

3. justin71

justin71 Member

Thanks for the reply wenandjjj

Do u have a gold r4i card? Ive tried extracting v1.20b several times now and it comes up with errors, where did u dl your version from please? Also,. I just found a gold update, its called R4ids.com_R4i_Gold_English_V1.31.rar. And lastly, what method did you use to format your card, any special software?
    thanks a lot
    Justin

4. fitcat

fitcat Member

Since there are a lot of card bearing similar names, you have to find out which one you are using. You can't use the firmware that is not applicable to your card. Simply put, they are not compatible. The most easiest way is to look at the sticker of your card. The web site corresponding to your card is usually stated in the sticker. Then, go to that web site, download the firmware and follow the installation instruction. You'll be fine.

5. cashed

cashed New Member

This is supposed to be the official R4i Gold site, but I'm not sure. This is where I have gotten my updates and everything works fine.

http://www.r4ids.com/r4i-download-e.html

I hope that helps. :D

6. ttrph

ttrph New Member

I just got the R4i Gold for my DSi XL and the firmware (currently 1.3) from this site, but only a few games work....most games are either "LOADING' or become frozen pretty soon after started....is this because this firmware version is not yet up-to-date and compatible with the 1.4U firmware on DSi XL...please advise!

7. fitcat

fitcat Member

The latest should be V1.31. It has not bee updated for quite a long time. That's why a lot of new games cannot be played. This is nothing related to DSi XL.

8. justin71

justin71 Member

thats not the site I use, I use www.r4igold.cn and its a shame I cant use other firmware to make it look a bit nicer and get games to work. I am thinking of getting the son a acekard so he can play sega sonic all star racing as it wont work with this card.