1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help with getting SNEmulDS and Moonshell to work with YSMenu

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by kpham1994, Jun 3, 2010.

1. kpham1994

kpham1994 New Member

Hi, I'm not too sure if there's already a topic on this, but I'll post my problem anyway. Recently, I found out that you can play SNES games on your R4. I downloaded the emulator and the .cfg file, and put them both on the SD card like the instructions told me to. But when I start up my DS and select the emulator, the whole thing just freezes up and I can't do anything else. The same has happened with the Moonshell file after I put the YSMenu on there, but I never bothered with it since I never use it. All of my DS games work perfectly well with it, and some even work only after I put the YSMenu on there. It's just the SNES emulator and Moonshell I have a problem with.

I use the original R4 - Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS).
    I also use the YSMenu, but I'm not too sure on what version it is. If there's a way to find out, let me know.
    I use the latest firmware (1.18) for the R4 (at least I think it's the latest firmware).
    The ROMs I find for the SNES games are all in .smc format as well.

If possible, please help me on getting SNEmulDS and Moonshell to work.

Thanks in advance.

2. person10123

person10123 Active Member

I suggest going back to the last firmware you had. Cause I kind of have a similar problem. I have a R4 SDHC and had the 1.32 (or 1.33 can't remember) firmware & everything also worked for me. Then I also upgraded to the latest firmware (it also had some kind of YSmenu junk) but that was a big mistake. Instead of my SNEmulDS thing not working and freezing, it happened to my NESDS & my moonshell also doesn't work. So to avoid any extra junk on my R4 I'm just going back to the last firmware I had.

Also, all SNES files are .smc just like all Neo Geo files are .neo
    Hope this info helps

3. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i believe you cant run emulators on ysmenu, you can have ysmenu as an nds file, that way, you can play emulators using r4 firmware, and play nds games with ysmenu

4. kpham1994

kpham1994 New Member

So is getting rid of the YSMenu the only way to be able to play SNEmulDS and Moonshell to work? The problem I would have with that is that some of the games I have on my R4 won't work without the YSMenu.

Also, when you say 'have ysmenu as an nds file,' what exactly do you mean, and how would I turn the YSMenu into .nds format?

5. iluvfupaburgers

you dont have to erase ysmenu, just dont use it as a firmware, but download the official firmware for your card, and ysmenu as a nds file, when your making ysmenu, it asks you how you want ysmenu, as a firmware or nds file, when you have it as a nds file, you can use your original firmware and ysmenu

6. kpham1994

kpham1994 New Member

OK, I backed up my files on my computer, reformatted my SD card, redownloaded the original firmware, and put SNEmulDS on there. It's able to load up now and Moonshell works too. However, some of the DS games I have won't load up without the YSMenu. So how would I turn the YSMenu I have on hand into an nds format? (currently it's in an .arp format with a TTMenu folder)

7. iluvfupaburgers

try looking for ysauto, or ysmenuauto, i forgot the name, there should be tutorials on how to make ysmenu using this