1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need Help With Contests!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inunah, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

How do you win contests with randomly chosen winners? I've never won anything, and if I don't win anything soon I won't be having Christmas at all.

I mean, for that last contest on CAG, I did everything I could to have entries but I still didn't win. :'(

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

what you can do is...
    HAVE GOOD LUCK ;D since it is choosen randomly, there is no way of saying how they really choose

3. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

But that's just it. I can't even win a randomly chosen contest where I'm one of three contestants.

It was like this: 1 grand prize, 2 first prize. I and 2 others were the ONLY contestants. I didn't win any prizes.

4. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

That's just bad luck. I have never won ANYTHING, no lotto, no raffle, no scratch card, no contest and NO school contests.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

ive won competitions by default (not enough entries so everyone got a prize). It's not particularly nice.

6. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Me neither. I've never won jack grit, but I need to if I want Christmas this year.

7. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Last year on here Loony there were 10,000 points prizes dished out-and I didnt win anything.Even though I have 25k points I'll not use on here-its good to be a winner!

8. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

o.o That's so useless when you only download from links in the share section.

9. Reider

Reider Modereider

You do realize we still have some PSX games up, right?

10. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

Ly=Last year
    and it was last year when there were still ds roms

11. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Yeah, but even then, I didn't really download from the DS ROM section because 90% of the time I needed AP patches. (At the time, I had YSmenu.)
    Post Merge: [time]1290904627[/time]
    LOL PSX games. I don't even bother with those because there are so few I like.

12. theunderling

All the stuff was available last xmas,and the points usage went shooting up when it was 1 point per mb downloaded for like PSX.So it was good of the Admin to dish them out,considering a lot of people cant get enough points.In my case,I didnt/dont download much anyway,thats how Ive got so much points.

I hope Loony fixes it this year so I win something LOL

13. Loonylion

the only fixing I'll be doing is so I win. And I already do that. Or would, if there were any games I was interested in.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I've only one one thing, and that was because...

-It was based on video game knoledge
    -The guy next to me said the answer
    -Me throwing my ds in the air like a kid and not having a high pitched nerdy voice made me stand out

I dont count the money I won on scratches, sure $50 on one of them is nice but meh...

I've never won from the ones where they choose at random, I've only won when I reached deep down and STOLE someone else's chances :p

I like the way you think ;)

15. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

level up you major skills. I chose athletics as a major skill so it should be easy to level up if you just keep jumping around. if you do not have athletics as your major skill, you can use a few console commands to change it. I recommend adding illusion in there too. repeatedly cast starlight and keep jumping around and then spend all your points on luck. you'll win in no time!
    this is a joke don't take it seriously

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You fail at joking around in a topic.

17. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

yep that's me

18. Loonylion

... how the fuck is athletics or illusion magic going to have any effect? the relevant stat is luck. End of discussion.

19. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

hehe sorry. I wasn't really focusing on intelligence when I levelled up. anyway levelling up can be hard and console commands can be dangerous. what you could do is buy some potions that fortify luck or make your own. I bought mine at the gilded carafe in the imperial city. note they only last for a short while so use them all when the contest starts.

20. theunderling

The funniest thing I won was when I went to a charity fundraiser,when I was aged 7, in a mental hospital.It was a stall that was selling raffle tickets for 5p each(in 1974) and the ticket had to end in 5 or 0.I opened one up which had this,and I was eyeing up a Mars bar or other sweeties,and they gave me a bottle of Bacardi.