1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help with Acekard 2 on original NDS.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cheesemop, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheesemop

cheesemop New Member

So, I have recently received an Acekard 2 and I am using it with my NDS. I have only gotten Soul Silver to run once and every other game either doesn't load at all or can't get past the start menu. As of today, I can't get any of the games I have tried to run at all. It just gets stuck on the screen that says "Loading" in green.

On a slightly different note, I would like to know how I run GBA and NES games on it. I know i have to turn on all files to see the files, but I'm wondering if I need emulators to run them or something along those lines.

And last but not least, how do I run a game from a previous save file, and should I have the save files displayed.

Any help at all will be much appreciated. Thank you.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

What firmware are you using?

I find having AKAIO to be good firmware, and by changing the akloader file it's done preety well.

But since you just recieved it, my guess is you (if you can't access any of the roms) have someohow deleted one of the firmware files.

Re-download your firmware and place it back into your acekard again (if your already using AKAIO it should be a folder named "_aio" and "akmenu" unless some of the folder's contents have been messed with)

To run gba games, you need a dsphat/dslite with a slot 2 card inserted, the ezy flash 3 in one is a good choice.

NES and other older console, you'd have to look for emulators, I unfortuatly forgot the names because I use the psp versions XD

To run older sav files, you gotta make sure the sav options is set to whatever the extension name is, for example files with ".nds.sav" must be set for games with that on the end, or ".sav" for the later (which in 90% of cases where it's from another brand, it's sav).

I'll have to get back to you with finding that option menu, I belive you just press start anywhere and then scroll around until you find it...my acekard just started playing up just now :(

3. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Are you using the Akaio firmware? If so did you try reputting it back onto your flashcart?

SnemulDS is an SNES emulator for the DS, although it doesn't run a few games, I think NesDS is an NES ds emulator, i forgot. You will need the emulator to play the snes/nes roms

the menu that hypnos is talking about, you press start on the rom menu, then go down to System Options, then hit L or R until you get to "File System Settings", then go to .sav extension and switch it, this is all assuming that you are using the akaio firmware.

4. Avatar33

when you say loading do you mean when you start it up or when you load a game? and what firmware are you using official or akaio?

and when you say previous save file do you mean one from a different flash card?

5. cheesemop

cheesemop New Member

I am using Akaio. I think I may have to put in the loader again, but even when i had the loader it wasn't running games properly.

By previous save files i mean that, I play a game, it saves, i open the game again and i have to restart the game.

as for now, i just want my ds games to work. I don't really care about other platforms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.