1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help with 1.68b 3DS kernal update released 5-15-13

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by afjchap, May 17, 2013.

1. afjchap

afjchap New Member

Hello, I have the R4i-SDHC 3DS v4.5 flashcart with a 3DS XL console (originally v4.5.0-10).

At first, when I was going into the Wi-Fi Games Engine, it automatically did a Kernel update, but froze at 100%, so I powered off.

After restarting, it booted up into the R4i interface. To make sure everything was completed with the update, I went into the Config menu and hit the Update and Start button, it finished, and I restarted when it told me to. Unfotunately when I try to get back into the R4i interface the display goes black and says an error occurred/power off. So far, I cannot get back into the R4i interface. :'(

I tried updating my 3DS system to v5.1.0-11x, but I still get same error occurred message when I use my R4i-sdhc 3DS v4.5 flashcart. The icon for the flashcart game has changed from Touch Bomberman Land to Metroid Prime Hunters Demo version.

I tried manually copying the 1.68b kernel/firmware update files (also tried older versions) onto my SDHC card, but still get the "error occured" message. :'(

Thank you very much for any help with this matter,
    Afjchap

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

From the way you relate your issue, seems like you'd successfully upgraded your 3DS console to v.5.1.0 and succeeded in causing your flash cartridge blocked in the process. Have you checked with your R4i's official website? See if your cart is among those that can run on v.5.1.0 3DS firmware without upgrading from v.4.5.0 or one that need upgrading before hand. One way or the other, your cart is blocked from being use on the 3DS's latest firmware, and you'll need to upgrade your flash cartridge to work on v.5.1.0, which if you can't find an upgrade from the R4i's website then you'll need to buy new cart that can run on the latest firmware, or if there is from the official site, you'll need to use another console which is still v.4.5.0 to perform the upgrading before it can be re-use on your upgraded 3DS.