1. This forum is in read-only mode.

need help wit platinum

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ylpl, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ylpl

ylpl Member

hi as the topic says i need help with pokemon platinum everytime i try to go underground i get a blue screen and a message dat says "A communication error has occurred. You will be returned to the title screen. Press A" Doeas anyone know how to fix dis? the game works fine exept that problem plzz help me :'(

2. Skane

Skane Well-Known Member

What flash cart are you using, what firmware, and when I get to that part of the game, I'll help you more.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

4. ylpl

ylpl Member

i dont really know wat fflash cart im using but the program is NO$GBA2.6a

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Save issue most likely, read the thread linked above.

6. ylpl

ylpl Member

is not a problem of save issue it saves fine i think is a wifi thing since it supossed to activate when u go to the underground but ty anyways

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You can't use wifi.

8. jay6868566

jay6868566 Active Member

No, I don't think you need WiFi. More like local wireless.

Anyway, the Underground works perfectly fine in Diamond and Pearl (yes, even though in all three games, the game says that the DS Wireless Communications will be launched and as far as I know, Nocash doesn't have wireless support), so I really don't know what's up with Platinum.

I don't think its a problem with the save either, because the game did say that 'a communication error has occurred'.

I'm using NO$GBA 2.6a, by the way, if that helps.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No$GBA does not support wifi in any shape or form, therefore it is not possible to do multiplayer using an emulator.

10. jay6868566

jay6868566 Active Member

What I meant was, if Diamond and Pearl could allow me to access the Underground even though that would launch the DS Wireless Communications, why does Platinum give me a communication error instead? And how would I go about fixing that?

By the way, the Underground, as far as I know, makes no use of WiFi. Just local wireless.

11. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Just so you know, Local Wireless is "WiFi". WiFi is just a trademarked abbreviation of Wireless Fidelity, which means it can transmit data over wireless networks.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

local wireless and wifi are the same thing. the only difference is one gets routed over the internet while the other does not. They both use the radio inside the DS, which no$ cannot emulate. The reason the roms behave differently is because the underground is coded differently. One tries to connect as soon as you access the underground, the other does not.

13. ylpl

ylpl Member

well ty for ur help guys but it looks like i wont be able to go underground to get some fossils oh well i guess ill just complete da game witout dem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.