1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need Help Updating Wii 4.0U to 4.1U to play Wii Sports Resort Properly

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mikeac, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I am using a Homebrew Enabled Wii, and trying to update it OFFLINE. The only cIOS I have installed is cIOS222 v4, and have Trucha Bugged IOS36. I am trying to use a disk, as I hate loading games via USB. I have not installed the IOS60 trucha patch yet (for WiiWare and PreLoader, I think), I just wanted to play Wii Sports Resort, but I cannot seem to run the 4.1 update from the disk... I probably need both cIOS249 and the patched IOS60 to run the update, but I can't find cIOS249.

I already updated the IOSes that are needed to do the system update, but I can't run the System Update WAD by itself. My Wifi sucks,so it would take forever to use dop-IOS MOD to download and install it. I tried to run the system update through WAD Manager 1.5, no workee.

HELP, PLEASE!

2. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Uh, guys... help?

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

There is no cIOS249, you can only install cIOS38 as IOS249. It essentially replaces it.

Install cIOS38 as IOS249 in the installation. (you will need wifi unless you can find the wad file...)

Wii Sports Resort will work with cIOS38 rev17.

And if you're using Uloader go to settings and change the IOS to 249.

Get it here --------> http://filetrip.net/f9426-cIOS-Installer-38r17.html

And if you ever need help with anything Wii related, I can help you.

4. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I got it. I don't use uloader anymore, and I just got the cios installer right before I saw this post. I'm good, just need to install 4.1 somehow. I have the wad file (got it from NUS Downloader - PC program), and I never use Wifi with my wii since my parents switched routers from N+ to G basic speed, dumb move.

PS - I know my way around wii (soft)modding too, not as great as most others though, but I get the job done... eventually. :p

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Ok! Glad I don't have to explain what everything is!
    I usually have to. :p

I'm on 4.2 and can't downgrade or else i'd help you with the upgrade.

So you are trying to upgrade to 4.1 without doing the disc update or anything right?

6. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Yeah, so I can get the patched IOSes in.

Why would you be on 4.2? You can just use dop-IOS mod to install the new shop channel (wifi), or WAD Installer (not wifi) and grab the channel over NUSD.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I didn't know that before i updated to 4.2.

Nothing really different from the others except a couple extra steps to soft-mod it.

8. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Ah. Okay... I am going to try to forward and emulate the NAND using SNEEK so I can update it to 4.1U... I can't seem to get it to update using the NAND forwarding using WAD Manager.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That would probably work.

I wonder why you can't update the NAND through WM?

Try taking a look at this. ---------> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Wanikoko's 4.1 Updater .... http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168153

10. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Wanikoko only uses wifi...

I'll try the Offline version of the guide.

11. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a good dump of Last Chance Unbrick Disc? Can't seem to be getting it to work.

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'll PM you a link.

It's not mine, but it may work.

13. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

This is the older version that you need a modchip to work with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.