1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help updating for 6.0.0-11u

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by insidiousvertigo, Jun 27, 2013.

1. insidiousvertigo

insidiousvertigo New Member

Ok, I have an R4i gold 3ds cart, and have been playing my DSi mainly. I got a 3ds xl yesterday and (facepalm) updated to 6.0.0-11u
    Anyway, I downloaded the latest wood, put that on there, then the 6.0 update from the official site. Everything is good to go.
    I tried to update it on my DSi (1.4.4u) with the DSi updater and it said "Card check: Fail". I tried it several times and it was the same.
    I tried the DSL updater on my friend's DSL and I got the same error. He may have updated his firmware recently though...I'm not sure.
    Anyway, what can I do? I really would love some help here. An to clarify, I have NOT cut the connector thing yet lol.

Thanks in advance.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it sounds like the updater is for a different cart to the one you have.

3. insidiousvertigo

it's definitely the right updater for my cart. oh well. does it matter if my dsi is running 1.4.4u or should i update it for 1.4.5 then update my system to 1.4.5 then try the patch again?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no it doesn't matter so long as the cart works on it.

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

What type of R4i Gold 3DS do you have? The one from r4ids.cn?

Also, the patch is different to the usual for that card, so read the instructions carefully.

6. insidiousvertigo

Yes, it's that one, it's worked fine, and it's legit. I don't know why it won't update. I have everything on there that I need :(

7. indraniDD

indraniDD Guest

If you card is from www.r4ids.cn and It has no problem to play, you can kindly Please follow the instructions below carefully:

Visit our site: www.r4ids.cn , download the latest WOOD R4 V1.60 kernel (have to re-download it even you did it before).
    Download the r4i gold 6.0 patch
    Unzip r4i gold 6.0 patch to the root directory of your tf card.
    Get a NDSL/NDSi or a 3DS which system version is below 3DS6.0.0-11.
    Run R4iGold_3DS60_Patch_NDSi_3DS.nds to update your r4i Gold 3DS card.
    Attention: do not power off your console during the updating process.
    After updating your r4i Gold 3DS card successfully, open the shell of your card, see the PCB picture below, cut off the signal line as shown by arrow in the yellow oval.

8. insidiousvertigo

Thanks for the reply, but I've done all that and still get the card check: fail. I'm giving up. Plus they just released a new software update today anyway.