1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help turning MDS and MDF files into one ISO

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jiminy Crickets, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

Yes I need help. I have a PS2 game folder that I downloaded and it contains one mds file and one mdf file. I need to convert the two files into one ISO so I can patch it. Any suggestions?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You only need the .mdf in reality, the .mds just contains tracksheet information. Try mounting it using Alcohol 52% etc. and use ImgBurn to create a .iso from the .mdf (if it supports it).

3. Jiminy Crickets

I mounted the mdf file with magic iso and then used image burn to create the iso from the mounted mdf. It completed successfully but when I tested it with pcsx2 0.9.6., it did't work. Although it did work on a PS1 game but I mounted the MDS file instead and followed the process and opened the new iso image with ePSXe. maybe there was something wrong with my image. I will keep trying.

Thanks.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Just asking, did it work before in pcsx2 in the mdf/mds format?

Some games are still incompatible...

And sorry if this is dumb-but is it an a ps2 game-you mentioned something about epsxe, which from experience only works with ps1 games...

Just confused and curious...

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

ePSXe is a PSX emulator, yes. It does not support PS2.

6. Jiminy Crickets

I tested the psx mds mdf game files with the epsxe after I turned it into an iso with the above mentioned method (it worked) and I used pcsx2 to try to open the ps2 iso that I converted from mds mdf and it didn't work. I also did try to open the ps2 mdf mds files with pcsx2 wich did not work either.

Yea, maybe it is incompatible. I'll probably have to turn it into DVD format being its CD format right now, so I can patch it first.

The game is Tom & Jerry War of the Whiskers, it's for my daughter.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What are you trying to patch it for?

Also, PCSX2's website lists Tom and Jerry's War of the Whiskers as not fully compatible as of 0.9.4, maybe 0.9.6 works, but it's not listed.

8. Jiminy Crickets

I need to patch it so to run it on my soft-modded PS2. My PS2 boots off of the memory card with MCBoot and then to load a game it needs to be patched with an ESR disk patcher or Momento disk patcher.

I do have PCSX2 0.9.6 by the way but maybe it is still incompatible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.