1. This forum is in read-only mode.

need help...serious answers pls

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by darkskybleedprophecy1234, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. im living in the philippines and i need help about playstation.....

one day while I have decided to clean up my ps1 or what you called it an old playstation.....

i forgot that my final fantasy VIII disc was still attached to the unit....then the ribbon (orange color)....

connecting to the lens in order for the cd to run....gets damaged....practically its torn in two......

please help me....i need serious answers.......

any good people living in the philippines?please tell me how much is the cost of reparing it....pls...

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I would expect it's not worth the cost of repairing, it would probably be cheaper to get a new one.

3. hekselketel

hekselketel New Member

Jep, it will cost you about 20 euro's to buy one on ebay.

4. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

bro, its very rare now to buy that part, for the old playstation, the big, older one. and like loony said, its not worth buying that part or repairing it.

I would suggest you buy a playstation 2 in the Philippines, they are already chipped so you can play both PS1 games and ps 2. and you can even burn the roms from here and put it into a cd-r. use nero version 7.

5. ok...ill juz try if i can buy ps2 coz my budget isn't enuf...hehehehe......

4 now il juz play my nds lite....maybe 2 or 3 yrs ill buy teh unit......

6. Ultimate-Sonic-3000

Ultimate-Sonic-3000 Well-Known Member

They'll discontinue the PS2 in 2011 (Including the XBOX and GameCube).

7. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

or you can buy a 2nd hand... but it will not be like under 5K in the Philippines... cause it has a built in player of dvds... unlike ps1, you need an attachment just to play vcds.

or if your in the saving mood, just buy the psp...hehehe, or a ps3...its a long way and you'll be saving your money for a long time.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@darkskybleedprophecy1234: Don't lose hope yet, have you tried looking for a PSOne lens motor unit (they don't sell individual parts like only the lens, the connecting ribbon etcetera, they sell it as the whole reading mechanism) at Raon in Quiapo? Surely they "might" have it there as Quiapo's black market reputation is well reknowned. Also, I'm not sure if they're still there, but the stores who used to do modchipping at Greenhills might have some reading mechanisms in their stock, provided they're still operating at Greenhills & they do have them in stock that is.

9. im losing hope.....*sob*......can some1 whose selling his or her ps2 unit loan it 2 me?hehhee......ill pay monthly....im in iloilo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.