1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need Help On PSX game.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rro, Oct 11, 2010.

1. rro

rro New Member

Sorry if I repost this. I downloaded Fisherman's Bait 2 : Big Ol Bass from romulation. It's a playstation 1 game. What i wanna ask is, can I create a PSX game cd using the data I downloaded, or it's just for PSX emulator user only? If i can create it into a cd and play it using PSX machine, then could anyone tell me how to create the cd? I never done it before. What program do I need? Can i use nero burning rom to do it? Please help me. Thanks.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The PSX can tell the difference between a copied game and an original. In order to play a copied game on your PSX you need to either install a modchip in your PSX, or use the "Swap Disc" method. This involves using a real game disc, and "swapping" it out while the power is still on (difficult, if not impossible on later models of the PSX I believe) or purchasing a special Swap Disc that is specially made to start up the PSX, and stop to allow you to load your copied game.

I'm not even sure if PSX swap discs are made anymore. And I haven't ever looked at buying them, so I don't know where to look.

Once you have it all, you'll want to use a good disc burning software like IMGBurn. www.imgburn.com

3. Classic-wolf

Classic-wolf Well-Known Member

Is there a way to make a "Perfect" copy of a game, with the playstation "startup" file included, or are there other technical issues I'm not aware of?

Because that's the only problem I'm seeing from burned games here.