1. This forum is in read-only mode.

need help on .7z format

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jigokoshounen, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jigokoshounen

jigokoshounen Member

so i found out that the ff9 disc 2 to 4 is in .7z format

and i also found the website of 7zip

now my technical problem is

which 7zip program do i need to download on their website to open the ff9 disc 2 to 4

is it the 7zip .exe 32 bit

is it the 7zip .msi 32 bit

is it the 7zip .msi x64

is it the 7zip .msi IA-64

is it the 7zip .zip 32 bit

and other

im using and amd 1500+, 198mb ram, windows xp sp2

so guys i need help which do you think i should download

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

either of the first two.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Or you can just use the latest version of WinRAR if you're already using that program, it will unpack 7z files as well.

4. jigokoshounen

jigokoshounen Member

thank you very much loonylion ^^

im using winrar 3.80 free version

is that ok?

5. jigokoshounen

jigokoshounen Member

my problem is now resolve

thank you loonylion ^^

btw... if only we have reputation points

i will surely give you one

but still

thank you very much

6. bodi46544

bodi46544 New Member

ok when i unzip games in 7zip(like sega genisis games) it unzips alot of files to my desktop witch one is the game.

7. szeak

szeak New Member

I am having trouble also, I have Winrar 3.9b4 and when I unzip disc 2-4 I get another zip file and it says no archives.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

All of them-chose which one you want-the beauty of this site is that is packs in all the different regions/hacks/test versions in the same one (if it's a classic rom :) ) so pick the one you prefer (some translated one are included if you, say read spanish XD)...

Prehaps something went wrong during download...keep that one, but redownload it...

Can I ask one question-why does this site prefer winrar to 7-zip-is it because of all the different versions of it that confuses people?

I switched after I got sick of those "buy me now" messages, since unless it's cracked, have to pay for...'

Funny note-my one stopped working after a month-got another one that went past it-but got sick of the message LOL!

But each to thier own, they work the same...

9. szeak

szeak New Member

okay I will go download it again (third time) but if it doesnt work I will download it again and keep it, I usually trash it every time.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'd keep them, sometimes half way thru, I find out it works-could have been something I do wrong XD

Do you use a download manager?

11. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

No! The file you get is a .iso file most likely, you need to either burn this or mount it into a virtual drive like Daemon-tools or alcohol 52% and then run it in an emulator.

if it extracts properly from the .rar/.7zip file then it's all proper.

12. szeak

szeak New Member

okay yeah thats what I get, but arent all those files buy only? is there a free mounting tool?

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No, some are free, alchol 52% is what I use...options are limited on this one (unlike 120%) but it does fine with most iso romming and games...and does basic conversions (mdf and mds, ccd format as well) for cd's.

(I thought by archive, you got another rar inside a rar or something :()

14. szeak

szeak New Member

well it looked like a rar I had to check it and I was going by the image my computer showed (stupid Vista) but it said iso next to it.
    Post Merge: [time]1246542093[/time]
    sorry for double post, but I got it ^_^ I loaded up disc 2 fine. thank you everyone. I have been working on gettign disc 2 for awhile now.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

thank post merge man XD

Yeah...that's why it pays to post even file extensions to us-don't worry you know now :)

Well enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.