1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help getting Dragon Quest III remix English to work on my Acekard2i!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by SlayaDud, Jun 22, 2011.

1. SlayaDud

SlayaDud Well-Known Member

Hey guys I just found out that someone translated Dragon Quest III snes into english which is awesome because I loved the GBC version! Now i downloaded SNEmulDS, put the rom on it, loaded SNEmulDS and chose Dragon Quest III. It loades perfectly fine and I get the opening video with music and there is nothing wrong... untill I get to the menu screen. It's supposed to say "Create Adventure Log" but it doesn't it just has the letter "J" and thats it. Weird. When i hit any button on the ds nothing happens. I get a sound effect as if I selected "Create Adventure Log" if it where there, but like I said nothing happens. I know snes emulation isn't perfect on the ds but I just find this weird that a sentence is replaced with the letter J and nothing happens when I choose it. If you guys know of a fix that would be awesome. I would love to play this remake on the go rather then snes emulator on my laptop. I really hope there is a fix for this.

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Why not just get the GBC version and play it on Lameboy?

Otherwise, all I can suggest is messing with settings. Secret of Mana has some pretty gnarly, unworkable text errors too. I could never find a way around them.

3. SlayaDud

Well for one thing the remake has much better graphics and music! SO that's the exact reason I want to play the Dragon Quest III remix and not only that I would like to play it on the go.

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

All I can really say, is good luck. The SNES emulator is absolutely terrible. Even the one on the far more powerful PSP isn't perfect (although it works really well :p). Games with fatal text errors like that generally don't work well, and even if you get it working, that wonderful music will most likely be distorted and awful.

If you REALLY want it on the go, you only really have two choices:
    - Buy a Supercard DSTwo
    - Buy a PSP and install Custom Firmware

5. SlayaDud

Allright I went ahead and busted out my psp 2000 that i haven't played in a while and it works perfectly. I just wish the snes emulator would up convert the graphics to the resolution of the psp screen like u can do on the pc cause the colors don't look as colorful. Otherwise this will work. Wish I could do it on my ds though, but oh well. Thanks for the help anyway
    Post Merge: [time]1308808070[/time]
    You know what actually its not perfect, I can't for the life of me get the game to run at 60fps, i can get close at like 51fps but not 60. WTF? I can't even get Super Mario RPG at 60fps even though it is advertised that it can! IF you know what I can do to get it to speed up to 60 please help dude.
    Post Merge: [time]1308809336[/time]
    Wait i found a newer Snes9x version lol nvrmind =P