1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help getting a burnt psx .cue/.bin cd to work on a modded slim ps2!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by hufacuse, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hufacuse

hufacuse Well-Known Member

Hi there everyone,

I just copied my Spyro the Dragon disc I bought in America (NTSC-U).
    I have the cue and bin file burnt on a CD-RW (Vertabim Dark Blue Tint) but when I pop it in my modded slim ps2 it can read it but it just says Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 format disc.
    My ps2 is PAL version (NZ) but it should work with a modchip...
    I'm not sure what modchip but I think it might be Duo 3... Do I have to change anything to get it working? Thanks (I don't know how to open my ps2...) :-\ please help!

2. its probably because you burned it to a CD-RW, burn it to a CD-R

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What software did you use to burn the Image to the disc?

(and ya, CD-RW is not recommended)

4. hufacuse

I am a Mac user.... I used burn though and it seemed like it should work because when I put it into the computer it read it like a psx cd with all the files and things.. Because when I used the Firestarter it couldn't read the disc at all. Any info about the ps2? Like about my mod or changing to something apparently called "Psx Mode?" Thank you! I love romulation :)
    Post Merge: [time]1251599623[/time]
    Oops sorry if you didn't quite get that I used the software "Burn" its exact name. If you search "Burn mac" It will come up :)
    Post Merge: [time]1251604865[/time]
    Which speed shall I do? On some Windows guides all of them say 4x. Mine says "Up to 52x Speed".
    I am now going to try it on a TDK CD-R80. 700Mb of space and 80 minutes. Thank you!

5. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

I think it's recommended to do it on the lowest speed.

6. hufacuse

Thanks to everyone but now I am pretty sure after all the things I have tried that ps1 backups won't work on my PAL ps2.
    I have tried EVERYTHING. It just must be my mod chip.
    It only plays ps2 originals and backups (including NTSC) and original ps1 games.
    Whenever I put it in it goes to the red screen that says "Please insert a playstation or playstation 2 format disc. I wonder if it will work if the games were PAL? I used Burn (Mac software) and the lowest speed is 8x.
    After the disc was burnt it was like an original with the different files and every not just a data file with the cue and bin file.
    Any ideas on my mod chip? Do I have to change anything on my slim ps2? Thanks. (Might be too much info :p)
    Post Merge: [time]1251618413[/time]
    Also just while i'm on the subject, does anybody know how to boot PSX mode on a slim ps2? Thanks.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

don't use CD-RWs. Ever. They don't work. 8x is a bit fast as well, ideally you want 2x-4x

8. hufacuse

I am on the search for a Spyro the Dragon PAL and a Windows computer with Alcohol 120 :p Thanks for all your help guys :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.