1. This forum is in read-only mode.

need help for audio file expert

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvin_0, May 27, 2008.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Compowder.mp3

well I recently just discover compowder ringtone (yes the one in totally spies) however the bad thing is its in MP3 format.....since my phone will dump everything that end with MP3 into its playlist, i cant use that ringtone in my phone...

so i need help to convert it into Midi files

i been trying my self but i cant get the midi to sound like the original...

please help.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not a chance, midi is ancient and will not sound anything like an MP3. Midi just does not have the same range as mp3 does.

3. calvin_0

but then, they have YMCA, Phantom of the Opera and Carman in midi....and those are much more complex then the compowder ringtone...

cant it really be done?

4. Loonylion

conversions can't no. Phantom of the opera is actually easy to reproduce in midi because its an orchestral track, and midi is a set of instruments playing a score, unlike MP3 which is a direct recording of the resultant sound wave from all instruments playing in concert.

5. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

Also, midi files can sound completely different on different computers/phones/etc. depending on the midi patch it has, and since this is ringtone that we're talking about I can't imagine that the patch would be a very good one.

6. calvin_0

o.k then, thanks.....

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Does you phone support any other ringtone format? id consider converting it into something other than midi or MP3 if you phone will support it.

8. calvin_0

not sure... maybe i should try wav format....

9. Loonylion

It's highly unlikely your phone will play wav due to the filesizes and bitrates involved.

10. calvin_0

o.k...so what else can i use? how about AAC?

11. Loonylion

what phone do you have?

12. calvin_0

Nokia 5700 Xpress Music

13. Loonylion

the xpressmusic should play MP3s...

according to Nokia, the 5610 xpress music (closest I can find to a 5700) supports ringtones in MIDI, AAC, eAAC+, MP3, MP4, and WMA formats

14. calvin_0

AAC and WMA then...

yup it support MP3, but the Music Player will dump anything that end with MP3 in it its play list....so.....i dont want to remove that ringtone from the playlist everytime i add a new MP3

AAC doesnt work for some reason.....but WMA works XD