1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need Help Finding a Font

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadow-Hawk, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Shadow-Hawk

Shadow-Hawk Active Member

Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong section but from what I could see this is the most relevant area.

Well I got a new PC about 2 months ago now but I lost all of the custom fonts I had installed. I've found most of them but the one I can't recognise is the one in the following image, and so I would greatly appereciate it if someone could tell me what it is called.

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Try those font finder sites on Google. Google font finder or something similar.

3. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

http://www.dafont.com/

4. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

He wants the name of the font, not the name of the websites where he probably has already searched in vain for it.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

My suggestion is actually, gave a site an image, wanting to find the font that was on it, and I ended up getting the awesome font from an old SNES game.

6. Shadow-Hawk

I tried that in google, but the writing on the image seems to be too small for the sites I tried to recognise the fonts.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

try opening the original file (the .psd or whatever format you made it in) in the original program and it should complain that file x.ttf is missing, then google that filename.

8. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Ooh, that's clever. I would've never thought of that. ;D

9. Shadow-Hawk

It's a brilliant idea, but I thought of that and I no longer have the original file (it got deleted when the old PC died). Really this is the last thing I can think of doing.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

In that case your only option is going to a font website and comparing by eye.

11. Shadow-Hawk

Thanks to everyone for their help but one of my friends ended up recognising it. The font's called "Visitor" if anyone else is interested.

Dunno if I'm allowed to say this but this topic can now be locked if necessary.