1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help big time :(

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by mr.milo, Jun 7, 2013.

1. mr.milo

mr.milo New Member

I have a ace3ds plus. My dsi xl is on firmware 1.4.5e
    I have tried several and more times to get there firmware working but to no avail.
    Any advice will be so appreciated.
    Is there any cards that work at firmware 1.4.5e?
    Kind Regards Milo

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Is this your cart's website? http://www.ace3ds.com/ace-3ds-plus-product.html
    According to it, the cart supports v.1.4.5 (DSi) and v.5.0.0 (3DS).
    It should have work on your console just fine, on condition that the cart been pre-installed with the latest firmware from that site.
    If it was blank at purchase, of cause it won't work and be blocked.
    You should buy one that had been pre-installed with the latest firmware.
    Or in your case, install the kernel from your cart's site via an NDSL or DSi that's below v.1.4.3.

3. mr.milo

mr.milo New Member

Hi Prectorian
    Many thanks for your reply.
    So according to the website v1.4.5 covers all even 1.4.5e?
    Hmmm I preinstalled the downloaded firmware on to the card. I have been using flashcards for years.
    Maybe its my memory card. I will buy a new one and see what happens.
    Kind Regards Milo

4. Prectorian

The alpabet behind the version no. V.1.45 stands for the language interface. In your case "e" = English. Check if you'd installed the kernel properly and add any necessary file as indicated necessary.

5. mr.milo

mr.milo New Member

Ha! e = English.... lol I should of known that. Thanks prectorian, we learn something new everyday :)
    Still comes up as black screen error occured, turn off to restart.
    Hmm waiting for the new memory card, I hope its that.
    I will let you know.

Kind Regards Milo

6. Prectorian

That depends if your SD Micro is still readable by your computer or not, if not then of cause buying a new SD is in order. But if it's read fine, then most likely you'd bought the ace3ds "blank" while the DSi is already v.1.45. In which case, you'd need to use a NDS/NDSL console or a DSi below v.1.43 to perform the installation of the ace3ds's firmware so that the flash cart work on your DSi v.1.45 afterwards. Good luck.

7. mr.milo

mr.milo New Member

Ah ok, I understand what you are saying now. I bought the flashcart about a year ago, and used my daughters ds to install the firmware. So it should load. Hmmm I will try to reinstall the aceds firmware again on a ds.
    Thanks again for all your help, very much appreciated.
    Kind Regards Milo :D