1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need a little help concerning my R4i Gold

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by sexywogboy, Apr 29, 2010.

1. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Hey Guys, need a little help concerning an R4i Gold I have (www.r4ids.com version).

I bought it a few months ago from a market over here in Australia. I really only got it for collecting purposes, as I had an original R4DS and DSTT before I had bought it.

Well yesterday I decided to buy a DSi XL (Great console). The R4i Gold worked perfectly on it by the way.

My question is, is there any firmware I can run on it to play more of the recent DS games on it? I've already tried Wood R4, a cracked AKAIO firmware and YSmenu. This confused me as I first thought it was an R4 clone, and then thought it was an Acekard clone. To find it's neither. I've also heard it's a DSTT clone, but I've heard mixed info on that.

So tell me guys, what can I do? Is there anything I can do? I know even I've preached to others saying the Acekard 2i is best for the DSi, but at the moment, my spending cash is 0.

Please I'll take any info you can throw at me. Just don't mention buying a better DSi Flashcart, as I'm now broke as an old man at the moment.

2. Do you have the most recent official firmware and if so what games do not play on it because I was thinking of getting the exact same thing. :D

3. achem101

achem101 Member

I wish I knew more about this cart seeing how i just ordered it, I thought the selling point of the r4i gold was that it did not need a firmware update though.

4. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Well I can confirm Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia (U) works perfectly on it, which surprised me a fair bit. Considering many people have had troubles running that on various flash carts.

All in all I've been happy with the Flashcart. The good thing is it at least works with the DSi XL.

The one thing I'd be really happy with is my R4i running on a firmware that has the compatibility rate Wood R4 has. Because of Wood R4, I'm loving my original R4DS again.

5. MistahJuice

MistahJuice New Member

Hey I got an R4 with the www.r4ids.com site on it too but it doesnt work for shit unless im just dumb. I have a DS Lite with v1.5 i guess cuz when i test it it gives me the magenta color and it works with other games but when i put my r4 in only a few games work for a short while and then they freeze. no pokemon games work except one pokemon platinum rom i have actually plays the little intro thing and but as soon as i press a button both screens go black but the music keeps playing for a little while. Any help?

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

what ds firmare is your XL on, ive heard that if the dsi or dsixl is in fw v1.4, some carts dont work, become uncompatible with the ds