1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ndsi

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jono-187, Apr 11, 2009.

1. jono-187

jono-187 Member

hello i was just wondering that since the new dsi has a sd card slot is it possable to load roms on to the card and play off it?????

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not at this point, and it may never be possible.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

This question always seems to pop up every few days or so.

4. lilsparrow

lilsparrow New Member

so on that note can we still use the r4 chip??

also i have been thinking of trading up has anyone played with one yet?? any ideas on what they are like??

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You'll need to get the R4i, or Hyper R4 hahaha.

6. hazynighthawk

hazynighthawk Well-Known Member

my brother just got one.. i guress its kinda cool . screens a tad bigger and its slimmer and the caera which is useless i have a good one in my blackberry sooo .

7. tommy558

tommy558 Member

My son as just gone upto the DSi.
    we had the R4 on the DS, this did not work on the new DSi. so we looked for the R4i but found the acekard2 looked the better new card for the DSi. so far the Acekard is working fine with games that would not play on the R4, work fine with this new card.

The chap i got it from said that there is or going to be a firmware update for the R4 to download and it will work on the DSi.
    how true this info is i do not know.

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

My estimation is that it's not true at all. It's a new hardware release and most likely they changed things around just enough that old flash carts won't work. Nintendo has been focusing more on piracy in recent years so I'd be surprised if all the old flash carts were still valid.

9. jono-187

jono-187 Member

hey i went back to the ds. and was wondering what is the best flash cart that is avallable on trademe any sugestions??

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You live in New Zealand? Then just browse the NDS section, people sell weird stuff there :p

11. jono-187

jono-187 Member

ive looked ans theres the acekard 2, r4, and dstt were the main ones wich of thees edo people prefer??

12. jono-187

jono-187 Member

ive looked ans theres the acekard 2, r4, and dstt were the main ones wich of these do people prefer??

13. Sacker

Sacker Well-Known Member

..deleted due his switch back to DS... vs DSi.

14. khaislash

khaislash Well-Known Member

DSTT seems to work fine with NDSi. You just need to download the latest firmware here.