1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDSemail

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by loghord, Jan 26, 2008.

1. loghord

loghord Member

Hi guys, have anyone of you been using the NDSmail E-Mail and Newsfeed Client? I am quite a noob at this kinda things really. Hows does it work? When I went to settings>manage account, I have to fill in informations such as POP3 Server, POP3 Port, POP3user, password,SMTP Server, port, e-mail address etc.. What are all these about, and what do I have to fill in? Anywae i dun even know how the client works. :( Another thing is that I have also been using the DSorganise as recommended by others in the forum but I cannot seem to be able to use the hotmail with the web browser. Am I the only one or is it that everyone using it is facing the same problem?

2. mokrja

mokrja Active Member

Hi there, I haven't used NDSemail or anything similar... But... I do use the NDS Browser (a great piece of software) which allows you to surf the internet via your DS. With this all you need to do is point the browser to your email provider and you're away!! Very simple :) The only thing is that you will need a slot 2 device like M3 for GBA or a GBA flash cart with more than 10mb of free space. On its own the DS doesn't have enough internal memory to be able to run the browser.

One other minor point is the browser needs to be patched in order to accept the Slot 2 device as a valid form of memory expansion. Easy to do and many small guides are available on the internet. You may even be able to find one pre-patched :)

I really do recommend the NDS Browser as an alternative if you have, or can get hold of, a Slot 2 device for your DS.

3. loghord

loghord Member

So you are saying that I can download the internet browser from romulation itself and buy a memory slot 2 device and I will be able to run the browser? I am using an R4 by the way.

4. mokrja

mokrja Active Member

Yes exactly correct. That is what I did. I can help you find the location of the patch on the internet (I modified and updated my last post to be slightly more accurate) and help you patch it over this forum post if you want. Easy as to do and worth it.

5. loghord

loghord Member

well that would be great but I still haven gotten the memory device yet. anywae what patch are you refering to? I seriously know nuts about such stuffs.

6. mokrja

mokrja Active Member

Actually don't worry about the patching... I'll make it easy for you. I have uploaded the full PATCHED NDS Browser to rapidshare. You will just need to download it, place the two files (the browser and the save file) in the same directory on your flash card. Then run the browser in your DS :) Hope this helps you when and if you get a slot -2 device :)

Anyway here is the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/86703847/NDS_BROWSER.rar.html

I'll also post this link elsewhere in the forums so other people know it's available.