1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS with low sounding speakers

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by th3echelon89, Sep 22, 2009.

1. th3echelon89

th3echelon89 Well-Known Member

Hey guys! I'm just trying to figure out why my Nintendo DS lite has low speaker sound? My Nintendo DS Phat has much more volume.

Is this really a problem with the Nintendo DS Lites? I mean, I cannot play Guitar Hero when there's people talking. I can't use earphones/headphones because the volume is not loud enough.

Does my DS have a problem or is it that Nintendo Screwed up with the NDS Lites?

Thank you. :)

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I've never had that problem with my NDS Lite. Maybe your speakers are borked.

3. Shiokazu

Shiokazu Well-Known Member

no,hes right,the DS lite speakers are screwed,this is thing from nintendo.

its like the Lite is tiny,compared to the classic,so the nintendo made the screens wider but,the sound was sacrified for the better resolution(about 1,5iches)

4. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I use my DS Lite to listen to music on the bus, since I could barely hear it I had to buy a pair of noise reduction headphones. They were only $20 and have a microphone for the DS built into them just below one of the earpieces

5. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

yes the ds lites sound system is very low,when i want to hear some music i just turn my old ds and use it,i dont like the quality of the nds lites sound by the way

6. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

I use my DSlite to listen to music everywhere I go. And I haven't had any complaints with it. BTW, I use Genius Earphones. It has its own volume adjustment.
    Though I usually have to turn it up to maximum volume for the music to be audible.

7. th3echelon89

Oh. So now I know that it's Nintendo's fault that the NDSlite speakers have low volume. Oh well, I might as well stick to this. :)

8. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

get an ear phone with noise canceling, problem solve.

9. Shiokazu

Shiokazu Well-Known Member

^ true,but in some places they are realy expensive

10. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

well, it depends on what you call expensive... the most I will pay for headphones is 20 maybe 25 dollars, but will go for for $2.98 pair of earbuds if I really need them. but decent quality headphones have been going lower in price (at least where I am), one of the best pairs I ever had only cost me about $12, used them for close to a year, until both them and my MP3 player found their way into a pool...

11. th3echelon89

I hope that we don't have to use earphones just so we can hear the sounds of the game. I hope Nintendo didn't decrease the volume capacity of the DS.

NINTENDO just made a bad move right there.