1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Why so many (J) ROMS?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by GhanaChris, Nov 11, 2009.

1. GhanaChris

GhanaChris Well-Known Member

Nothing against it, I just mean, not that many people speak Japanese or? Tell me :-D

2. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Well...

Because more than half of those game come from japan...

3. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Romulation usually gets every rom that they can that is dumped. Doesn't really matter what the language is, usually if it's a game, people will try it. Plus, some people do speak japanese, or they don't want to have to run around finding a certain japanese rom. It's easier to have them all in one place, like here.

4. GhanaChris

Ok, I was just wondering for the large amount of (J) Roms, Thanks! :)

5. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

In some cases it tides a player until an English version is released, usually just to get an ideal of how the game is.

6. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

That's true. I can't understand japanese, but I still play games in jap before english version comes out. It's better than just waiting :p

7. Giga/7210

Giga/7210 Well-Known Member

True, also, there's a hecka of the awesome game, "Jump Ultimate Stars" this game may never release in the US, but they have a english patch for it, so this game is... non-stop to play. XD But it's worth your time during playing this game, create your own manga deck and such.

This is the first (Not really since it is in translate) japanese game I've played.

Sometimes, it doesn't matter if you want to understand Japanese or not (unless it's a puzzle hints), gameplay is all about fun, so take your time if you need to do so. XD

8. th3echelon89

th3echelon89 Well-Known Member

They've renewed the Rom Library. You can now browse ROMS using the Filter. :)

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

thats nothing new.

10. GhanaChris

11. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

You know that Nintendo is from Japan originally?
    Well meaby that is also an reason.

12. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

I'd love to be japanese, they have some cool stuff there :p

... and Ausies are hawt ::)

13. ShoeShoe

ShoeShoe Member

I for one like to try out games that will never be released outside Japan. Even if I can't understand what's going on or how to progress through the game. I played Jump Ultimate Stars a few years back in Japanese, I thought it was a great game. It was only a few days ago that I acquired an english patched version, this game blew my mind.