1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS Slot - 2 question

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by disturbiated, Oct 21, 2007.

1. disturbiated

disturbiated Guest

I would like to know if there was anyway to get a Slot - 2 that doesn't need a passme, a flashed DS, or can use the R4 as its Slot - 1 companion in place of a passcard. Just wondering because i think It would be great if i could get a Slot - 2 that plays NDS and GBA because then i could use the Slot - 2 or R4 as a movie / media "department" and the other for games. ( Or fill 'em both with ROMS! )

Thanks in advance ;D

2. disturbiated

disturbiated Guest

Anyone know? ???

3. sir spamalot

sir spamalot Well-Known Member

all slot 2 devices (for the ds) need a passme of some sort in the slot one. the R4 is a great option because not only does it act as a passme for slot 2 devices, you can also use it to run .nds roms or slot one homebrew. but i guess you already knew that...

anyway, most slot 2 devices can use the r4 ds/m3 simply or many other slot one devices as a passme, so you shouldn't have a problem there. personally i think you'd have two options (assuming you have a ds lite), go for the supercard mini (uses micro sd cards) or the even better EZ-flash 3 in 1 (rumble pack, ram expansion pak and loads one GBA game at a time, no slowdown)

those with your R4 won't give you any problems and you can make your ds truly independant