1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS shooters for a beginner?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Mishy, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I just wanted to know if there are any good "noob friendly" shooters for NDS? I want to learn, and simply playing Gears of War 2 is like sky diving with no parachute really.... :eek:

Any suggestions?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

NDS is a bad console for FPS games. Best way to learn would be something like Half-Life, Doom, Quake 1 or 2, unreal tournament or the original wolfenstein on PC. Half Life is an excellent game and should be pretty cheap second hand now.

3. jyeotoole

jyeotoole Member

A really good DS shooter is Dementium... Only problem is that it's a tad on the scary side... I can't even play it at night I'm such a baby xD.

4. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

But I think Dementium is to hard for a newby! If you want to start with fps on your ds try out call of duty 4, metroid or brothers in arms!

These games have a nice tutorial and arent too hard in the first missions!

5. th3echelon89

th3echelon89 Well-Known Member

For a newby, just play Metroid Prime Hunters.

6. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Okay, thanks guys. I'll go and brother my brother-in-laws copy of Metroid.

7. ultra

ultra Guest

there's a house of the dead like game on the ds, it's called touch the dead.

8. Tubenz

Tubenz Member

CoD5 is very good on NDS. Singel player is good and WiFi is even better.

9. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

You really think that cod5 is good?
    In my oppinion it sucks! The missions have a terrible framerate and the multiplayer is ok, but not more! CoD4 is much better!

10. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

CoD5 Isnt a FPS on the NDS you Bean !!!

its a crap ass Turn based, Advance Wars copies.

11. Tubenz

Tubenz Member

Havent noticed bad framerate, it has the same engine that cod 4 has. In cod 5 weapons and maps are cooler + cod 4 doesn't have multiplayer.

Wtf?
    CoD5 (call of duty) is not Turn-based, have you even played the game???

12. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

CoD4 has a multiplayer but not wifi! But if got enough friends around me with a DS so there is no negative for me!
    And to the Framerate: Yes, it is the same engine, but the mappers were too good^^ There are to many objects and charecters at the same time in the missions and it begin to lag!

@1blacks1: The game you mean is Tom Clancy Endwar!

13. 1Blacks1

Oh, Shame. i thought it was CoD5.

i deleted it as soon as i saw the gameplay.

My Mistake Men

14. Tubenz

Tubenz Member

I don't have any friends, so...i like CoD5 more

15. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Blacks got pwned. Go for Metroid or COD, they play the same style. But remember, being good on a DS
    FPS, doesn't mean you'll be good on a console FPS. So better to go for a PC one or something.

16. toggless

toggless Member

Metroid would be your best bet as far as NDS shooters go but the NDS is a poor system for shooting games because of it's lack of a proficient aiming system. Try finding some people that are at a similar level to you skill-wise in gears and play some unranked with them. Also, watching some very good play and catching onto some of their strategies and moves will help you out as a new player as well.

17. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I will pick up on Gears of War once I come back from my mom's house. I went to visit. *Needed a vacation*....ROFL

I really appreciate everyone's advice on what games to start out playing and how to get better.

18. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Brothers in Arms is a great shooter, but it's 3rd person....in some scenes...

COD gets boring, and metroid is the best (In my opinion) FPS.

19. 1Blacks1

Just Play Quake 2 on the PC or if you got 2 Flashcards (Flash card for Slot 1 and Flashcard for Slot 2) get quake 2 on your DS

http://quake.drunkencoders.com/index_q2.html

You need a copy of the Orginal Quake 2 PC game, but dont worry, just ask me, i got a friend thats got the orginal, hel borrow it me anytime

:D

20. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Awww....thanks again! ;D