1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS Screenshots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AMTF, Apr 24, 2007.

1. AMTF

AMTF Member

Why can't we upload NDS screenshots for the roms?

2. Golden Falcon

Golden Falcon Active Member

Because I think Seph has made it private i believe. I am not sure though.
    The only site I think that accepts public screenshots is emuxperts.net (still experimental though, but works well)

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

haha you're all about advertising your site. :p

The reason you can't upload NDS screenshots is because when I first wrote the script it wasn't possible to emulate NDS ROMs and such screenshots were redundant, it'll soon become available though, and not just NDS but all the systems.

And RomUlation is all about community collaboration, there're no private features.

4. AMTF

AMTF Member

Ok,

Well when you do have screenshots online let me know. Check out the screenshots I put up on Wikipedia for iDeaS and No$gba :)

5. stripe

stripe Well-Known Member

on the official nintendo site there are plenty of screenshots for nds games cant you use these?

6. Seph

Nintendo's screenshot has a big black border whereas the screenshots from no$gba don't. Since the admins have a huge workload already it has to be users who upload screenshots. In the future that will most likely be screenshots taken via no$gba which makes the ones from Nintendo strech akwardly due to their black border.

7. stripe

stripe Well-Known Member

cant you create a team of volunteers who is willing to cut out the black edges of those screenshot?
    or some idea like this because the screenshots from nintendo are showing what you want (gameplay etc...)

8. Seph

Generally I'd say it's easier to just take the damn screenshots yourself. Of course we aren't going to stop anyone from doing it, as with all user submitted content, as long as it fits the guidelines, the dimensions and isn't some obvious rip-off from another site then it will get accepted, whether it's original work or modified nintendo screenshot.

9. JKNathan

JKNathan New Member

desmume emulates some NDS games.
    I have digimon world DS running on it.

10. Seph

many emulators emulate 'some' games, when finding a working game it's important to take some screenshots and add them to our database. :)

11. zulkalak

zulkalak Member

I picture my games using R4DS Screen Snap Function
    I buy all my games however then rom only for ease access at work, I'll only ever get a rom to test it for buying, i live by the standard try before you buy when it comes to games.

12. Seph

Exactly my view on emulation, try before you buy. :)

13. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

Wait a second... Holy crap on a stick did he just say he downloaded some app called R4DS Screen Snap Function? WTF, CycloNDS Evo doesn't have it though it's just because the programmers are lazy and i find out this dude has a program for it all along...time for google.

14. zulkalak

zulkalak Member

Didn't download mate, I simply made a home brew program and added its function to R4DS. The R4 crew are already working on the function for one of the future updates thats built in, so i didn't even bother handing them my code.