1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS-Roms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riffrafi, Sep 11, 2007.

1. riffrafi

riffrafi New Member

Hope this hasn't been mentioned before, but is NDS-Roms down for good now? I know the server was down, and was being updated (very slowly at that), but now it seems the site doesn't even exist!

And don't worry, I came to this website before NDS-Roms :p

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Hard to say, they have been having a lot of problems, boblen might just have thrown in the towel, but to be honest I doubt that. They'll be back sooner or later.

I'll make sure to ask him next time I see him on IRC though.

3. h8uthemost

h8uthemost Well-Known Member

Eh...I'm a mod over there. And honestly, that site has been going down hill since they upgraded the board. I wish they would have kept it the way it was. It was more relaxed, the servers were always on, and not as many useless post in the forums.

4. Seph

Well that's the quality of the forum, I think the OP was more concerned with the site. :)

5. poiboy

poiboy Well-Known Member

it was a nice site.. too bad.

good luck to them for the future i say

:-[

6. h8uthemost

Oh I know. But what I was meaning, was with the older site, the servers were always up it seemed. But once they switched boards, they were always having trouble with the servers. I'm not sure why. Maybe because more people joined the site when they switched, and boblen was having trouble with bandwidth because so many more people were downloading? I have no idea.

It is too bad though. It really was a great site.

7. Seph

They got quite a large traffic boost yeah, they're at least the size we are, if not bigger, so they couldn't handle it. We only manage to handle it because we pay quite a bit more and we have a bit more experience in running high traffic sites.

8. h8uthemost

Yeah, you guys handle this site great. The download speeds are always fast, there's not that choice between three different servers, where two of them are usually always down. :p

Ah well, I hope they get everything back up and running. I hope the best for boblen and vinny.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

We have 2 servers, we just use them differently. Regardless, you can't really critisize them for servers being down; maintaining servers is a hard job with not much thanks.

10. h8uthemost

I wasn't really criticizing them for the servers. I'm sure it's a pain in the ass to maintain them. The server was less problematic before they switched.

But anyways, they're back up and running. Their new board looks nice too.

11. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

despite what you all say, this new server is running great... actually i haven't tried the other one, since i only joined august 15 or 16...

12. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

nOT sWICTED baCk

13. Seph

We're actually talking about one of our affiliates. :)
    Our current file server is running awesome yes, the price is also up there though. :p

14. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

oops... :-[ i didn't understand it... i'm portuguese and i'm only 13, so...

15. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Site seems to work for me. I haven't tried downloading over at NDS-ROMS though.

16. Seph

Their site always worked (almost) they've just had problems with their file servers.