1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS Roms Going to Die Soon?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by DragonQuester, Feb 28, 2010.

1. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Many of us are finding it hard to play our Nintendo DS Lite Roms on our flash carts nowadays.. With all of the anti-piracy that Nintendo puts into the games, do you think it will virtually be impossible in the near future that we cannot play our ROMs anymore (If we can never find a fix/patch for the ROM)?

2. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

Of course not
    There are always hackers in this world
    :)

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Within 24 hours the games are usually working. After that it's usually compatibility issues with poor quality cards.

4. Mateus M.

Mateus M. Active Member

I don't think so.I think that always there will be someone capable of doing patchs.
    It can take time,but someone always make a working patch,or a working flashcard :)

5. DragonQuester

Agree with all of you :p And I have an N5 (had an R4, so doesn't really matter).. It's really letting me down now :(

6. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

NDS ROMS WILL LIVE ;D ;D ;D ;D

7. DragonQuester

lol I love the positive attitude towards this... I just hope you're right.

8. Mateus M.

Mateus M. Active Member

Ah he is right,he must be right! :)
    let's all think positively.

9. luvelias

luvelias Well-Known Member

There's always a workaround lol. Just like how there will always be viruses....]=

10. DragonQuester

Yeah I just wish Nintendo would stop with the anti-piracy protection... There are always hackers to patch it, why waste time? :D Trying to be as supportive as possible!

11. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Because some people don't have patience to wait for a patch and buy it.
    The more sales they get the better for them.

12. DragonQuester

Exactly... I'm waiting on Sonic Racing :eek:

13. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

DS Roms wont die.
    The DS, however is a different matter.

14. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

My R4i is letting me down... :( Nintendo is no good for flashcards.

15. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

Waiting for the Supercard DSTWO to ditch my r4, working fine at the mo except when I formatted my card!
    Else I'll get a CycloDS.

However Nintendo IS good for flash cards.

Naem anyother currently in production system which you don't need to mod to pirate

16. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

I just think flashcart teams are going to have to be on their toes more now and provide more frequent firmware updates.

It's gonna get down to the best teams being successful.

When developers put copy protection in the ROMs, it's not so much to stop piracy, but to slow it down some to let the game sell on the shelf a bit before it starts getting pirated all over the place. If they can come up with a method to prevent piracy for even just a week or two, they consider themselves successful.

17. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

As long as there are humans on Earth, there will always be piracy. Viva la Roms~!

18. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Why? It creates anti-piracy and other people need to solve it... THEY ARE BAD!!

19. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

There will be a time where we might think that Nintendo finally created an anti-piracy thats unhackable. I know because i have experinced this, but we have to keep at it, there will always be a workaround

the NDS on the other hand will not die, but get upgrades, the ds is too good of a system to die, i mean look at the PS2 it has lived throughout all these years and it still gamecube hasnt really died because it was combined with the wii so was the xbox and its 360, but the ps2 stayed

i think the nds will be here for a VERY long time, probably longer than any other system ever has

20. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

not me, both Miles Edgeworth and Ragnarok DS work fine with my old R4.....