1. This forum is in read-only mode.

nds r4 newbie help required..

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by timjones3663, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timjones3663

timjones3663 New Member

Hi i have bought an R4 for my nieces christmas present (so i cant check if its working yet)

i have made a folder called Games and have put four other files/folders on it. "System, Moonshl, _ds_menu.dat, _ds_mshl.nds"

i think thats all i need? (although im not sure if they are upto date versions etc)

i am now trying to put games into her games folder but some of the games i open as "rar" files seems to come as a .nds file and also another small file appears on some games a ".nfo file" (2768 kb)

do i need to extract both files into the Games folder to make it work or just the nds file?

She has a pink ds lite, its about a year or so old...

thanks

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Place the main files in the root of your microSD card, The means the first page you open... And not in the folder games

Place your .nds games in the games folder you made

However this new firmware will run newer games for the R4 revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)

DSTT v1.17a12 For R4 Original Users

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mxtlngy5jyr

Check new games list hear

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=3b8699e9fb3ed6491d58f651b317a1a5&showtopic=195808&st=0&start=0

3. timjones3663

timjones3663 New Member

thanks mate

am i now supposed to replace "System, Moonshl, _ds_menu.dat, _ds_mshl.nds"

with

"NDS Games, TT menu, _DS_MENU.DAT, changelog.txt" in the root of my micro sd card?

shall i delete the Games folder i already made as it appears that i now have a new one "NDS Games".....is this where i place all games?

Also is it just the .nds file i use do i not need the .nfo file?

I am downloading the "imagine" series for her, like imagine babies, imagine wedding, imagine pet.....etc...etc

thanks for your help

4. Jhon 591

You can just place the files, but if you like just rename your games folder to NDS Games that all!
    Post Merge: [time]1261684182[/time]
    No you dont need nfo file, It a pc file
    Post Merge: [time]1261684320[/time]
    Delete them for the new files

Post Merge: [time]1261684390[/time]
    You can read changelog.txt on your pc for a list of games that work
    Post Merge: [time]1261684526[/time]
    Yes thats where you place your .nds games

Post Merge: [time]1261684816[/time]
    I forgot to ask what R4 type ?

This is the original one for them firmwares

www.r4ds.com

[​IMG]

5. timjones3663

timjones3663 New Member

thanks jhon

yes my R4 looks alot like the picture you showed (just the usb stick is different) box looks identical.

The problem for me is i cant check what your sayign righ tnow, as i dont have the DS in my hand to try it out! but i am following it to the letter so i hope it works when she gets here.

In your first post you gave me a link to get new games from, are these the only games that will work?

it is really the "imagine" series that she wants, so id liek to get that on the memory card if i can....

thanks alot for your help mate...

6. Jhon 591

Alot more game should work!

the disney chrismas carol now works also, but its hard to say if all games work...

most of my older games work to

that list is just a fix of the most new games out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.