1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Pokemon Black/White V7 English Patch; R4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zeetraade, Dec 16, 2010.

1. zeetraade

zeetraade New Member

Is there any way to get Pokesav to work on these roms? The problem my friend seems to be having is that saves and stuff no longer work, and the game will freeze randomly afterwards.

2. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

Pokesav only works with 512kb .sav files.

You can try using this website you convert your R4 sav to a 512 kb .sav

http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

About the freeze, is your friend using the newest version of Wood R4?

Try reformatting the sd card if he still has the problem.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Tips: When using POKESAV, always choose SAVE not SAVE AS. And make sure the SAVE TYPE reads as 512kb not 256kb. And always keep a copy of your save file before editting it. Should you make a mistake, at least you have another copy as back up.

I'm using it through all the translated version Official series made by Kazo, never encounter any problem. I'm even combining it with Pokemon Mystery Gift Editor too. I think there's just something you or your friend had changed that causes the problem. And the Black And White version can only use files ending with .pkm or .pgf not the .pga.

I suggest if you want to add pokemon from older version, extract the .pkm file from the old game's save file before adding it to your new version. And keep in mind that the .pkm you can add are suppose to be the JAPAN version only not the U or E or other version.

I don't even have any problem editing the pokemon that I receive from Mystery Gift using POKESAV. So I don't understand what you or your friend had done that make it not working.