1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Pokemon Black 2 (USA/EUR) C-Gear Freeze

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Foslix, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Foslix

Foslix Member

so I've been looking in the internet how to fix it and honestly not much info is given about this problem

what happens is starting up the black 2 if the c-gear is turned on game just freezes with music still going in the background
    what I use is:

ds lite
    R4 revolution
    wood R4 1.56
    Ap patched with and tested with v2
    asked in http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=60279.1925 and suggested to start a topic here since couldnt be resolved
    been trial and error constantly that I lost count yet no go and by the looks of it there is tons of others with this problem yet it remains unanswered or simply told not to use it

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If you're already using WOOD v.1.56, then don't use patched rom. Just use the unpatched/clean one.
    By the way, what is the exact name of your R4? There are so many carts going by that name.
    Type in all the text you see on the sticker of your cartridge. Including the official website of your cart's firmware source. Maybe then we can identify if something is missed.

When you ran the DS-Scene Tool, did you first ran the program as an administrator? It might be the cause of the failed patching.

3. Foslix

Foslix Member

no problems with unpatched except the c-gear
    and the name is R4 Revolution for ds (ndsl/nds)
    and I usually get the firmware from gbatempt if not from the dscene website
    and at this point I dont think its a ds scene tool problem because patched or not game works except the c gear

4. Prectorian

One possibility is the SD Micro's quality. Maybe changing it with a better class brand might help.

-or-

Try adding YSMENU to your R4.
    Seems to me you got an original R4 that runs only 1GB or 2GB SD Micro cards.
    No need to remove the WOOD R4, you could have 2 secondary firmware in the card.

5. Foslix

Foslix Member

c gear works with 1.53 it seems odd that it didnt work on the latest

6. Eadelas25

Eadelas25 Well-Known Member

Is this same problem found on no$zoomer?

7. Prectorian

No$Zoomer cannot even go online, use WIFI, or use IR; so just refrain from activating the C-Gear.

8. Eadelas25

Eadelas25 Well-Known Member

Got it. Thanks for the heads-up.