1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Phantasy Star 0 - Kme92

Discussion in 'Review Submission' started by kme92, Dec 3, 2009.

1. kme92

kme92 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Phantasy Star 0
    Platform: Nintendo DS
    Release Date: 11/10/2009
    Developer: Sega
    Publisher: Sega
    Style/Genre: RPG
    Rated: Everyone

This Sci-Fi RPG begins by allowing you to choose between a Selection of Races and classes.
    The 3 races you can choose from are Human, Cast, and Newman. Humans are able to fight as
    Hunters (Close Combat), Rangers (Long Range Combat) and Force (Spellcasters). Casts have the
    limitation of not being able to choose Force (unable to use spells), and Newmans can't select
    rangers (unable to use most firearms). The weapons available to use differ from from each class.
    Swords Spears, Sabers, Double Sabers, Daggers and Claws are the best weapons for Hunters,
    who focus on Attack Power(ATP). Handguns, machine guns, rifles, bazookas and launchers
    are meant for Rangers who focus on Attack Accuracy(ATA). And last but certainly not least,
    Force use either Wands, slicers or rods and focus on Magic power. (MST)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Depending on the type of character you choose, the Storyline can go in many different Directions. The Base storyline however, is that your character goes though the story and learns of the 200 year gap in the history of the planet known as "The Great Blank". While progressing through the story, you are asked to finish several quests, discovering and piecing together the reason for "The Great Blank." Through each mission, you gain experience and Side Quests as well as new weapons and spells. As you go through the game, you will fight a lot, and even though there are only 7 different areas, there are many creatures so the scenery may be the last thing on your mind. At the end of every area, there is a portal leading to the boss arena, giving you the option to save or go back to the city. (Similar to the Online PC Game) After each mission is completed, you head back to the city and collect your reward of Meseta (Game Currency) and maybe even something extra ;). Once you beat the game, you can unlock Hard and Super Hard Difficulties for even more of a challenge! For the hardcore Gamers, there Is a challenge tower with exactly 101 floors with 5 rooms on each floor, meaning over 500 rooms of creatures to eliminate!

[​IMG]

As a Fan of the Phantasy Star Series, I was very excited to hear that a game was being made
    for the DS. When It came out, I raced to get a copy and was very delighted with the results.
    Since I enjoyed playing the online version, I found that's what made this game such an online
    success. It gets boring always playing with AIs, so if you know someone with the game, and/or
    have their Friend Code, you can play wirelessly, or over the internet to show off you mad skills
    and weapons! One of the Fiew downers to this game was that it gets repetitive doing similar
    missions and mashing the attack button. With the exception to some other DS games, this is
    one of the better online experiences to date.

[​IMG]

Graphics
    Though it may look a little "blocky," The graphics are fairly well done for DS requirements.

Sound
    Nothing to really brag about, but the music is fitting.
    The music can change from a calm melody into an Upbeat Battle rhythm when creatures appear.

Gameplay
    Reusing the same 7 areas can get a little repetitive, but killing creature after creature never gets old!
    The Gameplay is smooth online and Off with very minimal lag

Presentation
    Not a bad experience for a DS RPG.
    The Multiplayer option is probably what makes the game so fun.

Lasting Appeal
    Local and Wi-fi Multiplayer capability will have you doing missions repeatedly,
    and over 350 weapons, armors and other cool items to find.

Average: 8.2
    (41/50)

2. Kitayume

Kitayume Member

Nice review :D
    I have to play this game!

3. MyAwesomeEgo

MyAwesomeEgo Member

MAN I got to play this game, awesome review

4. Hupura

Hupura New Member

Very soon this game become boring :-\....