1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS not working?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kjhgfdsa123456789, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjhgfdsa123456789

kjhgfdsa123456789 Active Member

Well I accidentally put my DS in the sink while washing my hands and now it doesen't work when I turn it on. Its a black screen, then turns off even when I charged it. Can I fix it by doing something that doesen't cost money? Or just buy the NDSi Excel when it comes out?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well..if it fell in water, it most likely doesn't work anymore. :p ( I did this with my cellphone.)

But you may try putting it under a lamp (or other source of heat) or something for a period of time and take the battery out and letting it dry as well.

3. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

XFD, sorry but i found this hilarious.

Try waiting a few days to see if it dries, then try it.

4. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

knowing it got wet you shouldn't have tried to turn it on for at least 3 days (with hot weather). which parts of it did you see get wet? Since it got to what you described you'll have to open it up dry everything, clean with proper circuit board cleaner (LC 150) and most likely solder over or, better yet, replace some fuses. there are more things to do if it is a DSi. you should wait at least for the second wave of any electronics, the DSi XL is no exception.

5. m3xicanjo3

m3xicanjo3 Well-Known Member

ur best bet is let it sit out and dry when you get it wet ur not supose to turn it right back on or charge it! cuase it could fry it......
    ive done this to my ipod video 30gb i did like so and it worked fine. and washed it a couple times.....so yea ive never turned it on when it was wet or charged it though....

6. bkerr01

bkerr01 Active Member

If you did not turn it on when wet it would have been okay. it would of dried out after 3 or 4 days.
    But you have fried inside of ds if you are not good with soldering iron sell on ebay asparts or repair.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The obvious is to let it dry...but air dry only.

1.DO NOT put it outside

2.DO NOT speed up the process with heat ie hair dryer, sunlight or other heat sorce-even a lamp

3.Keep it indoors

4.Open all compartments and move it around from time to time

5.Give it a week

One day at school, our computers got soaked because they were put next to leaky windows on a rainy day, after a month, they worked fine.

8. wandango75

wandango75 New Member

contact me via - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nintendo-Ds-Repairs_W0QQitemZ200437452832QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item2eab00d020
    i can have a look at it for you NO FIX NO FEE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.