1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS lite problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rell, Oct 18, 2011.

1. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Hi..i kinda bought a nds lite off of craigslist and..yea. the guy said the battery was bad and to bring my own. Problem is, retailers dont carry them anymore, and i Didnt feel like waiting a week and risking him selling the nds.

After i bought it, I took it to gamestop and plugged a charger into it. The light came on, then turned off. Even when the battery was unplugged. I find this weird, while ive never tried on an actual NDS lite system, i know for a fact that you can take the battery out of a nds phat and still be able to play it. Ive already ordered a new battery ect, but I want a second opinion. Thank you in advanced.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

If you go taking a battery out of a nds you will have to reset your BIOS and screen calbration when you get a battery be sure to reset this, each time the battery is removed the same will happen BIOS settings all gone.

You should try to give it with the battery in a good few HR on charge, to know if the battery is good are bad.

3. rell

rell Well-Known Member

It may not be the battery though. It may be the motherboard of something. That was my actual question, sorry for not clarifying.

4. Jhon 591

Not sure but could be a bad connection somewhere, If on then off power.

5. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

The NDS Phat and Lite are known for some problems with fuses on the board which cause what you just described. But it can be anything, a friend of mine had this issue after she took to a "technician" to replace the touchscreen but the lazy guy didn't properly reconnected the upper screen and the DS would shut itself off right away. If you're comfortable taking it apart and investigate i suggest you do it, even for the blown fuse issue there are plenty of videos on youtube (replace the fuse, avoid the workaround.

6. Jhon 591

If you do be sure to get a Tri-Wing screwdriver , are you will nether get it open.

"Do not" attempt to open just using anythink else.

1-3 pond would cost of a Tri-Wing screwdriver search google to see what they look like.

EDIT: like this

[​IMG]