1. This forum is in read-only mode.

nds games on acerkard

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by daithimolloy, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daithimolloy

daithimolloy New Member

hi' im looking for some help i bought an acerkard with a sd card with games preloaded onto it for a ds.
    my question is if i download games in nds format and transfer to a new sd card will this card work in my existing acerkard aswell or is that too easy
    thanks for any advice...

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It will work just fine. But you have to copy the NDS and the SAV (Save File) over together, otherwise you will lose your saved games.

3. daithimolloy

daithimolloy New Member

thanks for the advice but before i downloaded any games one of the forums said to download winrar, which i did so when i download a game it is automatically saving as a nds file i have no sav or saved file will this stop it working...

4. shinkukage09

shinkukage09 Well-Known Member

When you download the game's ROM, it's a .nds file. Which is the game itself. All you need to do is drag/send that to the MicroSD card, put the MicroSD card back into the Acekard, then start it up. Go to the game, and start it up. The save file, usually a .nds.sav file now, will be made. I'd recommend keeping seperate games and their saves in their own folders.

IE: PokemonPlatinum.nds(actual game) and PokemonPlatinum.nds.sav(save data) in one folder, and nothing else in it. Not nessesary, but helps a bit with organization.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.