1. This forum is in read-only mode.

nds games not playing **UPDATE**

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by madzook, Dec 13, 2013.

1. madzook

madzook Member

Hi all,

newbie to the site which is great,,,

Ive downloaded a few nds games when putting them on to the r4 card when it asks to create a SAV file which is fine then the screen just goes white,why is this would it be the game is no good or something.

I did manage to download another game which worked fine

thanks hope someone can help

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Re: nds games not playing

The game that didn't work probably had AP (anti-piracy).
    It's code in the game that prevents it from being played.

You can bypass this by updating your card firmware (depending on what type of card it is), or patching the ROM.
    As is stands, I suggest patching the ROM. You can follow a tutorial here.

3. madzook

madzook Member

thanks for the quick reply just installed the patching did everything in the tutorial but still getting the white screen also had the little green tick did all the updates etc hope ive done this right

thanks

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Hmm. Weird.
    What card are you using? Name, a picture and website would be perfect.

5. madzook

madzook Member

Hi

its the r4 card from the site below grabbed a few when they was selling at £3.50 quite few the others games all work fine mainly just mario vs donkey kong 2 and a couple of others all loads up fine creates SAV file etc then game goes to load then screen just goes white.

thanks

http://www.r4-ds-r4i.com/products/R4-DS-Revolution-MicroSD-TF-Slot%252d1-Solution-Adapter.html

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Seems like you've got one of the originals.
    Try this:

Backup the games you want (with their save files for the ones that work)
    Format the MicroSD.
    Download this: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-wood-r4-162-f32256.html
    Copy the files from the zip folder to the MicroSD.
    Copy the games back and try again.

7. madzook

madzook Member

thanks will give it a try in morning sometime and get back to you

thanks again

8. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Yep WoodR4 ;)

Although they are some latest/latest games still not fixed by ywg .

9. madzook

madzook Member

Thanks seems to be working now looks good....when i 1st switched the ds on everything was great showing all the names of the games now when switched on it just shows 3 icons sd card,slot 2,and a folder if i clicks the sd card icon the games show up but with no text just icons of the games is this how its supposed to show up,but as before when switched on the names of the games was there.

thanks andy
    Post Merge: [time]1387022783[/time]
    the old software i was using was moonshell

10. Jhon 591

moonshell is mostly a movie and mp3 music player, but can boot nds game though it, the firmware it uses was out dated .

11. madzook

madzook Member

thanks that what i thought id been using that for donkey years just reformatted the sd card put the file from wood r4 back on made forlder for ds games works a treat now brilliant kids will be happy now.

special thanks to all those who helped me much appreciated

thanks

12. Jhon 591

Np ;) on behalf on Xen to .

13. madzook

madzook Member

thanks...

1 other problems im having ive got 3 boys all using r4 card on 2 of the consoles when swiching on it doesnt seem to be finding the r4 card and says theres no card inserted.

would that be the r4 card on its way out,or would it be the ds as sometimes when you switch it on and off it seems to come on fine

thanks again

14. Jhon 591

Get a cotton bud on back of R4 pins and clean, maybe / maybe not on way out.

Are unscrew it and cut a bit of paper about right size, place paper at pack of circuit board and reassemble , called the paper trick to push pins closer .

Worth a try anyway.

15. madzook

madzook Member

thanks..

will give it a try i did buy 10 new r4 cards when they was selling them at £3.50 so not short on those

thanks again will give it a try

16. Jhon 591

Wow that's cheap :)

17. madzook

madzook Member

thats what i thought so i grabbed 10 of them,,,just tried what you said cleaning with cotton bud and the paper but still wont load the ds seems fine powers up fine but just wont find the r4 card also tried a brand new 1 in it but still doesnt work

18. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If you've tried doing so, and tried the other R4 carts in your possession, and none works. Then the only sensible possibility is your console's card slot is damaged, and need to be serviced.

19. Jhon 591

Possible console, blow into slot 1 , Are how is it with original cartridges ?

20. madzook

madzook Member

just found an orginal game still not reading that so looks like its knackerd any idea how much it would cost to repair or just buy another 1