1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS games for 5 year old boy

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Elenas2004, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Elenas2004

Elenas2004 New Member

Hi all

I'm just seeking some advice and recommendations for NDS games for my 4 year old son. The main problem I have is that alot of games come with a written commentry or instructions and being only 4, my son can't read yet.

Can anybody suggest something that might be suitable.

Thanks in advance guys.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...personally, that's a bit young to be giving a child a game-it can be bad for development-plus the ds will get trashed...after what I seen a 12 year old can do.

And at that ages there isn't much that works-most games require reading ability.

3. Miss_Ames

Miss_Ames New Member

You could try Cooking Mama/ Cooking Mama 2.. i think it uses pictures to show what ingredients to use.. but dont take my word for it. You could show him how to play it b4.. and also give him the chance to ask u if he gets stuck.

4. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

Or... Mario oftenly works . Racing games?

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I thought of that-super mario 64 ds may be a good choice if the kid can get by by mindlessly jumping about (which can beat it funny enough).

Racing games these days have too many menu's to get by...

But as I said earlier-it may be bad for kids developement-like me, my brother and his friends, we grew up with games...

We grew to know video games is the best sorce of fun (it is in short spurts-not in longer than an hour) plus it can damage eye sight.

My eye doctor told me to quit the games last check up-and I've been gaming since I was 7 without rest...

But I suppose with some limits it might be so bad-it was just my opinion...

6. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

here is a link to a similar topic, but it was asking for games for a 3yr old but you might find something there as well. :)

7. sylky0604

sylky0604 Well-Known Member

dora and diego games are really good

mario kart
    car- mater nation
    kirby
    tim power - firefighter
    tim power - policemen
    sam power - football
    club penguin elite
    wonder pets
    jake power - handyman

that's pretty much what my 3 and 5 year old play
    and new super mario bros/super princess peach/yoshi's island but they don't get very far with those

good luck :)

8. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

..................Since your son can't read yet.....how about....
    -Fighting games?
    -Adventure games?(Oh no, too much text there...)
    -.............I think fighting games are more suitable.... :)

9. Counterstrike

Counterstrike Well-Known Member

ur kidding right fighting games for a 4 year old... that is a bad thing for his growing up wat about those mario games.. or maybe dora and diego or u should let him watch television.. crap that is a bad idea

10. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I'M KIDDING. :)
    even the race game can influenced them in bad way.. :)

How about puzzle game then..that would makes your son brain grow right? XD

11. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I don't even think 4 year olds should play video games.

12. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

My 7 year old brother used to play Grand Theft Auto (& sucks like hell).
    Neither, too much crying & complaining when they can't pass a level.

13. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

they should play LEGO blocks.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Agreed on both points (my brother was the same with...smash brothers melee XD)

XD your a funny one mega :)

...back on topic-while it's a good way to give them a cheap pleasure-it's too young an age to say "go play some games".

The best suggestion is this-

Depending on the sort-they stimulate them alot and get the creative jucies flowing through thier brains.

The duplo (or what ever they are called these days) are the best-big, nearly impossible to swallow-and easy to build with.

When they get a bit older the more advanced one's do wonders-forget instructions-the generic "bricks" work best-no manual to bother with ethier...

Although best wait until they learn to read with the advanced one's-they are far smaller and present a choke hazard-the duplo or as I call them-the baby lego is the best.

We are sorry about the suggestions-it's just hard to say to a child that young on what to play-but lego block building DOES work and is cheap-even another brand of toy stackable bricks works.

15. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

My 10yr old does it still and I've pretty much banned him from games until he can learn how to act like someone, I understand the frustration, but when it get to the point they are so pissed off they actually start crying its time to stop and stay off of it for a while which makes him more mad but he gets over it in time.

16. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Lego Batman, Star Wars etc.
    You'd be surprised how quick young kids can pick things up

17. VIII....

VIII.... Well-Known Member

kirby was great with my three year old brother. or maybe he was 5? i cant remeber but try it

18. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Well my son starts F'ing and C'ing,but he has ADHD and maybe Tourettes.The OP could start their childs game playing journey with one of them V-Tech things.

19. Firefrog

Firefrog Member

I used to play the N64 and GBC when I was 5 years old, I didn't complain or anything and I could easily grasp what the games were about. (ex. Super Mario 64, DK64, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon Yellow, etc.) Maybe you should try Animal Crossing Wild World, Yoshi's Touch n Go or Pokemon Dash. When my cousin was near that age (not sure, maybe it was 10) he liked to play the last two.

20. tevak

tevak Well-Known Member

when I was that age, my parents & brother fed me a steady diet of the classic zelda's and super mario 64. He can read right?