1. This forum is in read-only mode.

nds game memory has wiped off by itself!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kirst2410, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirst2410

kirst2410 New Member

Hi, my daughter has been playing on Animal Crossing on her Ndsi using a SD micro card in a R4i card. Shes had no problem until today when she loaded it up and there was no data saved and no SAV file, therefore having to start again. Please can some one advise me on why it has done this as her other games are fine and shes very upset to lose her mansion. Many thanks.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It's hard to say what exactly caused it. Maybe corruption? Powering off during a save, or something similar?

I think you should backup your save files regularly, so when things like this happen you aren't completely lost. Once or twice a week, depending on how often you play games, and what achievements you make in your games.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Good advice...
    I wish I done that-my acekard did that not long ago-sure I kept the games but lost the save progress :(

But here is what I suggest on top-when backing up everything-reformat the SD card and ensure it's a good brand of card.

Mine's a good brand...but the fact that it was in use most have done something...

When I looked at my SD card after the acekard froze at loading on start up-all that was left was HALF of a ds homebrew-somehow everything went!

Constantly back up-refreash the card-copy back in-should help :)

4. kirst2410

kirst2410 New Member

Thanks for the help. She said shes just starting a fresh game now. I wondered whether I could put on anyone elses Save file downloaded from the net. Is this possible?

5. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Yes, but it may be necessary to convert the save file to a format compatible with your R4i.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Gamefaqs.com has a pretty good supply of Saved Games.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/save/920786.html

Shunnyweb is a nice site to convert save files:
    http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

7. kirst2410

kirst2410 New Member

Thanks guys for helping a novice! Much appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.