1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS FTP

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by shadokast, Sep 26, 2007.

1. shadokast

shadokast Member

Is there anyway to access the .NDS files though a simple FTP client? I ask this because of the many home brew Nintendo DS FTP clients that are available. If we could access the files, we wouldn't even have to plug in our cards to get the backups we need. Is this feature available? If it is could someone help me out?

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

How would we regulate point cost? Log downloads to users? Earn enough money on the ads to keep going?

So in other words: It's definitely not possible nor is it ever going to be.

3. realg187

realg187 Well-Known Member

That would be cool, I dont think you have to worry about points for NDS since they are free.

Besides its not like you can play them as they are since you have to patch them.

I wonder if the NDS browser would do what you want.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Not all of them are free. Only the ones smaller than 75MB. The situation with the ads would still apply, although you would like there to be no ads, without ads we would have no money to keep the site running

5. realg187

Most are under though. DO those ads that go over give the site more money, cuz they better give atleast twice as much as they are 10 times as annoying.

6. Seph

They pay more than any of the other ads yes, even better than the pop unders.

7. realg187

If I donate do I become a Power Member? And what is a power member (What makes them different?)

8. Reider

Reider Modereider

It's premium member, and the difference is that you get to go through the site without having to deal with ads, as well as getting 150 points a day instead of 50. If you want more details, you should look at the premium members guide on the site.

9. realg187

Support a great site and remove the dumb ads? Hmmmm. Can I mail in cash (Its kinda dumb but the easiest way!).

10. Reider

Reider Modereider

I don't know about mailing in money (You'd have to talk to Seph about that) but I know you can send money through paypal.

https://www.romulation.org/premium/advantages.php

If you haven't looked at it already, feel free to do so.

11. realg187

I dont have a Paypal and dont plan on getting one anytime soon, when you say $15 for 3 months, what type of curency are you referring to? USD?

12. Reider

Reider Modereider

I'd assume that's the case since they're paying for servers that are in the US.

13. JloveE

JloveE New Member

i think what the first guy meant was:

like..download the game to comp -- > unzip it --> patch/trim as neccessary --> use FTP to transfer to the ds

not just a straight transfer from romulation to the ds ._.

14. Seph

That's a possibility yes, but then it hardly concerns us if that's it...

15. realg187

What's the point of that?

16. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

no id say he ment connecting directly to romulations NDS roms.
    But if thats nots the case then the answer would be yes but like he said^ whats the point besides saving you taking out the card to move games.