1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS freezing problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mikey42087, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Mikey42087

Mikey42087 New Member

I just upgraded to an Acekard 2i after using a fake DSTT for the past couple months. The DSTT worked pretty good for the most part but recently I've been getting freezes constantly (even on games that are supposed to work). Usually it happens when opening and closing the DS when its still on, or if I do sudden movements (like sit down fast or put it down quickly). I thought the AK would fix it, and it has to a degree but its still happening.

Is this just my DS (its the original type, and fairly old)? I'm pretty sure it is since the Acekard is legit and I put all the files and what not on it properly. I've been playing 6 or 7 different games and they all run fine, its just mainly the opening and closing that causes the freezes.

If this is the case, does anyone know any way of fixing it? I would really prefer a cheap fix rather then upgrading my DS.

Also, sorry that I haven't looked into this on google or whatever but I'm at work and if I type like this then it makes it seem like I'm doing work lol ;)

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it!!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Opening and closing has been known to cause freezes on some games, even with the Acekard. For now, just don't close it when you are playing a game.

As far as sudden movements causing it, that may be related to something wrong with your DS itself (like what ever switch is opening/closing the lid being lose and tripping when you suddenly move). There is nothing about the flashcart that should cause freezing because of sudden DS movement.

3. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

It's possible it's not making proper contact with the DS slot. It's unlikely, but probably worth trying the "paper trick".
    That's where you put a piece of paper in with the card (leave enough stciking out so you can pull it out again) on the label side of the card. That should push the card against the contacts inside the slot. I'm not saying poor contact is definitely the problem, but it might be, and if so that should fix it. Anyway, it's so easy it's gotta be worth a shot.

4. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

My R4 SDHC never did that...

My R4i SDHC Upgrade does.

Maybe buy an DS Lite/DSi (if your DS is broken. Trust me, that doesn't take long anymore)?

5. Mikey42087

Mikey42087 New Member

Yeah I'm gonna try the paper trick now. It's just weird because I had a real DSTT originally and it never did it, but then once I got a fake one it happened all the time. Just one question, you mean put it between the DS and the card right? Not the micro SD card and cart?

Also, not sure if it matters, but when it freezes it works fine for several seconds after opening then it freezes with the music skipping. The sudden movement thing makes the sound like it does when you power off. So I'm pretty sure it is the DS. Oh well, guess I'll get together some money and upgrade it and try not to buy used.

Thanks guys.

6. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

yeah,
    I use my r4 and if I close my DS (lite) when it is still loading,
    it freezes to ;)

Don't worry about it

7. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Yeah, in the DS card slot, betweeen the DS and the label of the flashcart. Although, this is sounding less and less likely to work.