1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS Flash Carts

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by blackboarder77, Jul 5, 2009.

1. blackboarder77

blackboarder77 Active Member

I've been browsing since my last one bit the dust (well it got crushed).

I had an old R4DS.
    However it has come to my attention that there is a M3 package with a rumble device and a slot 2 cart. I am interested in whatever the best, and most realiable cart is. However a cheap one might be nice, as I am a little down on money.

2. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Honestly, stay away from the R4 and it's clones (M3, N5 etc)
    It's seriously not worth it.
    However I do strongly recommend the DSTT (or TTDS, whatever), the CycloDS or the SuperCard.
    If you're a little short on money, you can pick up a DSTT + 4GB Kingston Micro SDHC for about $40-$50 AUD.
    Not sure where you're from, though.

3. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, the CyclosDS is the best for NDS, but a bit expensive (I think)
    Another good one is the Acekard 2. Personally I've owned a DSTT for about a year now I think, no problems with it so far.

4. blackboarder77

(I'm from the US)
    What is exactly wrong with the R4s? Mine seemed to work up rather nicely.
    I have heard some good things about CycloDS and a few bad, I haven't seen anything about the SuperCard or the DSTT.

5. diskjocki

I believe that the R4 is seriously outdated.

6. Beelz

Beelz New Member

the r4 has little support, i believe a few 3rd party teams do firmware upgrades, and it just became a "shady" flash cart. The cyclods is the "cadillac" of flash carts and imo one of the best fw teams out there, a close 2nd (save a lil$$$ ) would be acekard

7. CloudBoii12

Indeed, there are no firmware updates (official firmware updates, anyway) and there is a lot of games that won't work on it.
    DSTT is cheap, all you have to do is download kernel and YSMenu and Moonshell and blah blah all seperately.
    It's good if you want something cheap.

Acekard is also quite good.

8. blackboarder77

Out of curiosity, I know you guys say the R4 is suckage, but for this price, would it be worth it?
    http://www.realhotstuff.com/r4ds-free-shipping-p-303.html

9. CloudBoii12

Well, it's good for price, but eventually you'll start hating it, especially if you want to play newer games.

10. blackboarder77

Hmm, I suppose you would be right, though it seems the fans have been doing a few patches here and there. I have been looking at the Edge Card... I asked a friend who claims to know allot about this stuff (though I often time doubt his knowledge) who said it was the best cheap card. Any comments on it?
    (I apologize for being incredibly uninformed on this subject, I recently took a break from NDS stuff and have gotten into the PSP hacking scene)

11. diskjocki

Edge is a clone of CyclosDS. But a good one at that. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

12. blackboarder77

Hmm, would it be a solid recommendation for someone who only has about 35 bucks to spend on this?
    Also is the Acekard 2 worth getting?

I'm beginning to get the ups and downs of these cards, correct me if these are wrong.
    R4DS, bad compatibility, cheap, was the best a few years ago.
    CycloDS, the overall best
    Edge, a clone of Cyclo, good, cheap
    DSTT, cheap, good
    (again, sorry for the storm of questions, I'm trying to go in HIGHLY educated of these matters)

13. diskjocki

Yes the Acekard 2 is worth getting.
    I'd go with the DSTT, but only because that's the only flashcart I've ever used before (and I haven't encountered any problems yet)

14. blackboarder77

Alright, thank you for the information.
    Do you suggest any distributors? I'm not quite sure about this "Real Hot Stuff" place.

15. diskjocki

What doe's distributors mean?

16. blackboarder77

People/sites that sell the product.

17. diskjocki

18. blackboarder77

Thanks once again, I highly appreciate this help.

19. keith101

keith101 Active Member

yo dealextreme sucks go to focal price you can save money using focal points, i saved 10 bucks on a purchase, free shipping lower prices, better items, 100% better service
    i recommend a ez fash vi, cause its real not like shitty r4,dstt,and other craps
    supports sdhc, works with dsi!!

20. blackboarder77

To be quite honest with you, focal points seems HIGHLY unlegit. I have to question their credibility due to their prices.