1. This forum is in read-only mode.

nds flash cart

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by nbadell, Jun 30, 2009.

1. nbadell

nbadell Well-Known Member

im going to buy me a new nds flash cart,but before I by one,I wanna kno wich cart is the best,so can somene point me i the right direction??
    thanks

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Cyclo of course.

unless you're referring to the DSi carts...I wouldn't know.

3. nbadell

no,nds lite,but wich would be the best one to ge,I already have a few mini sd cards so im guessing it would be best if i bought one with micro sd support.
    I hear that the r6 silver is good too.

4. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

The current best cards are CycloDS, Acekard 2 and the best cheap card is the Edge. No others cards are recommended.

5. insanecrazy07

then get a cyclo.

anyway, there's a difference between miniSD and microSD. You need microSD.

Cyclo is the best hands down.

6. nbadell

I guess I'll get cyclo then,my next question is whic would be the best one to buy.I was thinking that I could get a good deal on amazon or something.

7. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Buy a Cyclo-DS Flash Cart and like a 2 or 4GB MICRO SD card.

8. nbadell

ok,I just ordered my cyclo flash car with a gig MICRO SD card.
    but now i have a new question bsed o something ive been reading in the forums.Its true that nintendo updates eac newer odles of nds,and i hear that they even did it inside ds lite.is i pssvle that nintendo can block my eve.cyclo nds flash cart??
    im sorry,but ive already spent a bunch o money ordering the flash cart and i wana know if my money just went to waste.
    thanks

9. insanecrazy07

I have no idea what you're talking about.
    They can't "block" your cart or break it or anything...

Seriously though, if you brick your NDS with a cyclo, I would LOVE to see that posted on youtube. I've never heard of such an instance. Even while upgrading your firmware (when it explicitly says DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR DS), turn it off and it won't brick. You'll just simply have to reapply the firmware update.

The worst case scenario is that you might have to patch a game to get past an anti-piracy measure...but that's what the built in AR is for. And I've NEVER had to patch a game for it to work. GTA? Works with the backup cheat in AR. FFCC (the first one) works either by just playing it or using a backup cheat.

10. Beelz

Beelz New Member

I have to agree with insanecrazy07 ive had my cyclo for awhile and if you brick it, wow, just wow, and outta all the flash carts teamcyclops usually has firmware updates before other cards to get around whatever needs to be gotten around ::)

EDIT: hehe first post and im giving advice

11. nbadell

ok thanks,but is it even pssible to upgrade your nds lite firmware?? I thought nintendo upgraded the nds's before tey released them.

12. insanecrazy07

You don't screw with the NDS firmware. You are dealing with the CycloDS firmware...the flashcart, not the actual DS.