1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS Emulator Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Scent, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scent

Scent Active Member

I've been having a problem, specifically with the TLoZ Spirit Tracks (U) rom. The problem is, that it doesn't run on the adequate speed, it runs slow, its even noticeable by the music taking a looong time to play. I was playing it in DeSMuMe, when I put it in NO$GBA, even with NO$Zoomer's sound fixing option, it sounded horrendous but it was running correctly. Is there any emulator than can run this perfect?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Did you try the Noise Suppression Option? Otherwise, try changing the Emulation Speed in the NO$GBA settings.

3. Scent

Scent Active Member

Yes, I tried that option, but! It still sounded awful!
    Post Merge: [time]1261264478[/time]
    BUMP

4. Scent

Scent Active Member

DOUBLE BUMP

5. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

What's your PC spec?

6. momopeachboy026

momopeachboy026 New Member

Uh.. Do you have a flash cart? I think reading the info on the comments area for it (download page) may help. Also, check out gbatemp and try asking around there too. I seriously don't know. I played on R4 and it worked (with the patch-good sound and gameplay) but I don't think there is any emulator with support that can play it perfectly... yet.

7. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try pressing the Sound Suppression option for 5 times or more.

If that still not working, you have to live with it.

8. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Agreed with this.

You need to use sound supression more than once to make the sounds better.

9. Sabri23

Sabri23 Guest

You pc isn't Powerfull enough , i'l remember a long time ago when i'l wanted to try C.O.P on a Acer Aspire one mini laptop with an intel Atom Processor and an intel Graphic card . It lagged terrible on my aspire one .

When i tried on my old pc (that died now) with an Pentium 4HT processor it was way faster running on it , so i realy think it's your PC ..

10. Scent

Scent Active Member

So if I had a quad-core computer (with four processors), it would make things as great as in playing it in a real NDS?

11. Sabri23

Sabri23 Guest

I don't now , check it yourself :) .

12. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I doubt a quad core processor would matter. I think a program has to be designed to use dual and quad core processors in order to benefit directly from them.

You will get better results from RAM and Graphics Card upgrades. Obviously a 3.2GHz processor will be better than an old 733Mhz, but I still don't think a dual or quad core alone will give you much of a performance increase.

13. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

no$gba do depends on processor power, I have Dual-Core 2 Ghz and it's playing smooth for most games.
    Even when activating the filter from the no$zoomer menu.

14. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I didn't say it didn't rely on processor speed. I just said I'm pretty sure that No$GBA does not support Dual (or Quad) Core processors. Unless a program is programmed to use it properly, they won't benefit from the two cores. They will benefit from the better processor, but not from the two.

I have searched, and every place I have seen says that No$GBA isn't optimized for using dual cores. Some emulators like PCSX2 are. PCSX2 recommends you use a Dual Core processor to play. It all depends on the developer and what they required and wanted to use.

15. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I see....
    Thanks for the info :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.