1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS emulator for linux

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chanpa, Sep 26, 2012.

1. chanpa

chanpa New Member

Hi,
    I tried to find a topic on it but failed.
    I'm wondering if there is a good NDS-emulator for linux (Specifically Ubuntu 12.04). The only game I'm going to play is Pokemon Black/White, MAYBE some older Pokemon games but the only important right now is Pokemon Black/White.

I'm currently using: iDeaS Emulator 1.0.3.8 Multicores
    And I've tried two different ROMs: "5585 - Pokemon Black Version (E).nds" AND "5585 - Pokemon - Black Version (DSi Enhanced)(USA) (E)(SweeTnDs).nds".

When I start the emulation with either ROMs I get to the menu where it says "Press start" and when I do, both screens flashes and the top screen just shows the POKEMON logo and "BLACK version" and the bottom screen shows some pokemon/animation moving around forever, it never continues.
    It is not completely frozen, the bottom screen animation just plays forever.

I am very new to emulation so what I would like to know first is: Is it a bug in the ROM or Emulator?
    And secondly: Does anyone know the "best" way to play Pokemon BLACK/WHITE on linux (Specifically ubuntu 12.04)

Thank you.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its always a bug with the emulator, the rom is an exact copy of what is contained in the game cartridge.

3. chanpa

chanpa New Member

Ok, good to know. Now does anyone have an answer on the other question?

4. serhat359

serhat359 Well-Known Member

Have you tried running an emulator for Windows with PlayOnLinux(or Wine)?