1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World - game freezes at specific points

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by baxxysaurus, Jan 16, 2011.

1. baxxysaurus

baxxysaurus New Member

Hello! I'm new, so I'll just jump right in. Basically, I've had an AC rom on my DS for about a year now. For some reason, there is always a point in every game I create where it will freeze. Sometimes it's whenever I talk to a specific character, sometimes it's whenever I enter a specific store or knock on a specific door... The weird thing is that this problem doesn't occur right away. I will create a town and get pretty successful in the game, then I'm hit with the freezing. As a result, I cannot continue in the game and I have to start over. I've tried various roms for AC and they have all done this... but when I look at the comments, I see no other users with the same problem. Is there some type of fix?

Additional info:

I use the product from this site http://www.ndstt.net/ to play the downloaded games on my DS
    I have downloaded countless other games that have worked well without freezing
    I've had this problem for a year... I've tried redownloading the game, starting a new game, wiping my microSD, etc., but nothing has worked.

2. fclinux001

fclinux001 Well-Known Member

I'm almost certain there was a 1.1 dump of this game. Basically, when the dumper dumped the game, there was incorrect data, causing non-anti piracy related freezing (ex. mario 64 ds had a glitch if you optained the first star, right after turning around it would freeze, but other stars could be obtained, just that star had a issue.) So look for a 1.1 dump and, if neccisary, if you have a USA rom, switch to a EUR rom and vice versa.