1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Arron_zero, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

Come on NBA fans. Time to kick it up xD Who's your fav to win. Which underdogs you rooting for an upset? Post your opinions here =P

Sadly my exams start the very same day playoffs start ==||

2. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

Finally, the Playoffs! I've been a huge Lakers fan since I learned how to play basketball, so my hopes are on them... Even though their season after the All-Star Game is not promising at all... Too bad we'll meet OKC Thunders in the first round, I like that team. As for the possible surprises, watch out for Miami in the East!

3. Arron_zero

Gasol is one of my favorite player. But I actually wanna see OKC upset the lakers xD though that's prob not gonna happen. I'm a fan of the pistons but since they're in rebuilding process, I'm going with my 2nd fav team the nuggets though they're really hurting without K.mart(hope he's healthy now) and George Karl. As for miami...I wouldn't bet on them though D.Wade is my favourite player =P they just don't have enough talent.

4. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

They may not have talent, but they're against Boston... And the Celtics are in a very bad shape lately, so I would expect some surprises...
    Well, if the Lakers play with OKC like they have played the last regular season games, it's gonna be tough. But I think they just let the last games go, to recover some energies and avoid injuries... At least, I hope so XD

5. Arron_zero

True. Celtics are looking...old. The only player going for the celtics right now is Rondo and Allen too I guess. I think Heat can be formidable if they can get Beasley(the 2nd most talented player in the team IMO) going or change his mindset and if Richardson gets hot xD but what do you think about the bucks and bobcats?

6. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

Bucks and Bobcats are both good teams: the Bobcats did a great season ending and grabbed the Playoffs avoiding the Cavs, but I still think they need some post-season experience to advance. They'll go against Orlando, so I see a 4-1 or a 4-2 ahead. The Bucks did a good job too, but with the Hawks... They'll have almost no chance. I am kinda disappointed for the Raptors since I'm italian and 2 italians play there, but they did an awful season ending losing almost to everybody, and Chicago deserved the Playoffs...
    I also think the NBA management has to do something about Conference balance... I mean, in the Eastern Chicago got to the Playoffs with less than 50% of wins, while in the Western teams like the Grizzlies and the Rockets were eliminated...

7. Arron_zero

HAHAHAHA, but then again there are lots of disadvantages as well if it is changed to a best 16 teams advance seeding format. The nba website has quite a few discussions about it going on.
    The bulls truly deserved the 8th spot. Derrick Rose has just been sensational lately. The Raptors were kinda disappointing as it has some of my fav players(Calderon, Bargnani not to mention Bosh and even DeRozan). But I think if the bucks had Bogut, it would be really interesting.

8. lil_azn_a55a5in

lil_azn_a55a5in Well-Known Member

go the L.A Lakers!! kobe bryant ftw mann

9. Arron_zero

Update:-
    Cavaliers beat Bulls 96-83
    Hawks beat Bucks 102-92
    Celtics beat Heat 85-76
    Nuggets beat Jazz 126-113

WOOOT, go Nuggets!!! ^^

10. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

Aww, I really hoped for the Celtics to lose >_<
    And tonight... go go Lakers!

11. Arron_zero

It's such a shame Bogut is out. He would have made things so much more interesting xD no upsets so far, let's see if the Thunders can pull one off =P
    But dang the sports programmes here, they don't show enough NBA >< the earliest game available is tues game though that would be wed for me

12. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

Naaah, the Thunders have to stay quiet and let the Champions defend their title... xD
    But I fear they'll put up a hell of a challenge... Let's hope Artest will manage to lock Durant down and let Kobe and Gasol think about the rest...

13. Arron_zero

I think the key in this series would lie in Bynum and Westbrook. Of course whether Artest can lock down Durant and Sefolosha can lock down Kobe is the big question but Lakers still got Odom to pitch in for Artest. The Thunders don't have particularly strong defensive bigs and the Lakers, I don't think any guards other than Kobe can match up to Westbrook in terms of speed and strength. So yea. i think those 2 can make or break their team =P

14. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! Lakers won 1st match 79-87!
    Durant scored "only" 24 points, so Artest did a pretty good job containing him (keeping him under 30 in this season is great).
    4 Lakers' players over 10 points, and 2 double-double (Gasol and Bynum). Great, let's keep it like this!

15. jonouy

jonouy New Member

D- Wade is my favourite player too, but i don't think D wade can do it all by himself, my thoughts is that lakers would probably win, i jsut dont want cavs to win

16. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

Heh, I hope so... But the Cavs look a lot more confident than last year, though I think they still lack in Playoffs experience.
    The Lakers, on the other side, don't look like they're in a good shape. I mean, winning the first game by only 8 points at the Staples Center? A nice way to start, but not enough I think.

17. Arron_zero

I want Nuggets to win. I think they would be better than the Lakers right now if it weren't for injuries to K Mart and George Karl's absence. Wish him a speedy recovery. But the Mavs are also looking really good this year. Dirk is probably playing as good as Kobe and LeBron right now. Suns are also one of my favorite team but I don't think they can win with their defense.

I love D-Wade too xD but yea, right now he's doing everything by himself. The only person helping him is Haslem but Haslem can't help him that much offensively unfortunately. 24 points for a playoffs debut against one of the best defensive team and the champions. I would say that's not too bad xD

18. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

Other results from last night:
    San Antonio Spurs - Dallas Mavericks : 94-100 (Dirk scored 34, wow!)
    Portland Trail Blazers - Phoenix Suns : 105-100 (Really unexpected if you ask me, the Suns were doing fine lately)

19. Arron_zero

No, Dirk scored 36 xD as expected from one of the greatest power forward ever!!!

I never expected Blazers to win the 1st game. It was the game which least expected to have an upset. The blazers were without assassin Roy and suns were on fire. Wonder what happened o_O

20. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

lol, you're right xD
    As for the Suns, I really want to see the match highlights. Losing at Phoenix with Roy-less Blazers sounds really unbelievable...