1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NBA Champs contenders

Discussion in 'Sports' started by blacksun23, Oct 20, 2008.

1. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

HEAT
    wade finally healthy with marion maybe staying plus beasley big chance for the heats 2nd championship(we miss shaq)

CELTICS
    though the big three are getting old the celts still have some fine bench players decent chance for a repeat

LAKERS
    if bynum wasnt injured in this years finals im pretty sure the lakers wouldve won the series. now theres kb odom gasol AND bynum
    (bynum can start at C gasol at PF and odom can play the SF position)

PISTONS
    same like the celts i think sheed chauncey and rip are in their 30s but theyve made the eastern conf finals for more than 5 straight i think

SPURS
    good chance the spurs can make it to the western conf finals but not the finals. td is getting old he posted a low 19ppg last season(career average of 26ppg) but experience still makes the spurs contenders

2. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

Did i just see Heats? No way Marion is alright, Wade is the good but they have no big men.

The only contenders i see are Boston and the Lakers, possibly Pistons.

The biggest contender i think is the Lakers because Kobe is so much better once Pau came and now Bynum is back, they have a good chance.

Boston, they also have a big chance. Big three mabye three championships?

Detroit's defense can get them to the eastern championship and possibly beat the celtics, and they can be a big counter against Kobe so again never look down on Detroit.

3. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

im being a bit biased cause im a heat fan
    and yeah dood we got no big man
    but marions a pretty good rebounder
    beasley is too so maybe the heats gonna be a bit on the run on offense

4. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

You guys are ignoring the Rockets... I mean seriously there's a high chance the injury bug bites their ass again and their whole season goes to the shits but with Yao, Tmac and Ron Ron healthy they're definitely gonna be a contender. They have pretty decent role players in Luis Scola(last season/oympics proved this), Carl Landry(might be a fluke, but he's doing fine in the preseason), Shane Battier one of the NBAs best defenders and Skip to My Lou's fine nothing great but fine. If the rockets can maintain their health they have a good chance of being champs

Philadelphia's another team I'd keep my eye on with the addition of elton brand i wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the finals as well since they are in the east.

I can't believe you guys forgot about the NO Hornets jeez Western Conference Finals last year, they almost beat san antonio and the team's pretty young so these guys will probably win a championship in the future, but their run could start now they're still getting better while their competition's getting older

Celtics and Lakers are a given of course since they did make the finals last year but who knows, pau and bynum haven't been working that well together in the preseason but there have been strides. The celtics are basically the same so if the other teams haven't caught up they'd probably be champs again, but losing James Posey will definitely hurt them.

on to the spurs and pistons, they're still contenders but I think they're too old, Pistons should start rebuilding around rodney stuckey :p

5. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

id give NOH another year
    rockets? maybe the 1st or 2nd round then OUT!!!

PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS DOOOOOOD!!!!!
    oden looking like a young shaq with aldridge and roy leading plus jerryd bayless and rudy fernandez adding more scoring options
    thisll work: C oden PF aldridge SF rudy(he can play it. hes 6"6)SG bayless(hes more comfortable playing sg) and of course BRANDON ROY at PG!!!!

6. sla03rs

i feel that oden will end up more like a ben wallace than a shaq. Portland will be an exciting prospect this year

The rockets have enough talent to make it, compared to other teams on paper

7. Barathrum

Rockets have a chance, but I don't think they will win the championship. Their health isn't garunteed. T-Mac and Yao get injured so easily its almost a joke. Spurs are too old i dont believe they can do it again.

8. sla03rs

that's why i said on paper

9. Barathrum

greg oden is a beast

10. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

and injured
    AGAIN
    he hasnt even scored his first nba point
    and i was really excited to watch him play

11. Barathrum

haha he is such a weakling

Ron Artest is so much better on Houston, anyone agree?

12. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

i wanna watch the NBA games and leagues but here in the UK i cant find the channals n shit. its gay

13. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

Yao ming is done so bb rockets
    detroit might have a chance if they meld well with Iverson
    Celtics are getting a bit of rust but hey the east sucks for the most part so they still go deep in the playoffs
    Lakers will win barring phil jackson does his idiotic rotations but if there bench keeps up this pace and they stay healthy I don't see how they can lose more than 10 games this year.

14. sla03rs

yao ming just scored 22 pts and grabbed 13 boards... he's done alright

and the east doesn't suck as much as it used to since the top 4 in the east are still considered contenders *remembers when jamaal magliore became an allstar starter for the east*

15. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

DAMN IT !! i wanna see the games !!

16. sla03rs

watch via live streaming?

17. Barathrum

nba.com they had free live games for like a month

18. Hyza

Hyza Active Member

I think that either LA or Boston is gonna win... LA does have Kobe... Pistons have a chance, as well as the spurs.

19. Barathrum

Im on Lakers all the way... with the players they have, they definately have a big chance

20. MarshallMathers

MarshallMathers New Member

I'm maybe one of the biggest Lakers Fan here in Greece!!!!!!!!!!!!Also,Bulls in EAST!!!!!!