1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Name the first rom you ever played!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rockstar99, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Rockstar99

Rockstar99 Well-Known Member

Im interested in these; Name the first rom you ever played AND how did u get into roms and emulators! ;) ;D

My first rom would have to be pokemon emerald (or one of the pokemon games ??? :p)

I got into roms from school, we have blocked sites on our internet so we cant play games so we got bored and my friend brought his USB to school and showed me VBA and a pokemon game and now its on nearly every computer at school! (saved to the hard drive so the IT man has trouble finding it);D ;D
    but usually on our USBS (to be safe)

So now you have heard my story please share what your first rom was! oh and if you got a good story you can say it! i dont mind

2. tranminhquang93

tranminhquang93 New Member

Mine was Pokemon Yellow... :D

3. Vattic

Vattic Active Member

Thats a tough one as I had a friend who gave me mame with over 1000 games on it or something like that, It was most likely metal slug though, great game!

4. azzaman

azzaman Member

I can't remember that well, i think it was street fighter 2 or final fight, one or other

5. tapwatah

tapwatah Well-Known Member

Super Mario world. Oh so very hard, but I was playing it when I was 3 1/2.

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Zelda - Ocarina of Time.

7. mkizadon

mkizadon Member

Pokemon Yellow. i didnt have an internet connection back then and a shite pc and my mate gave me a floppy disk with a one of the crappy gameboy emulators and pokemon yellow which wasnt out yet. and my pc could hardley keep up with it as it played as half the speed.. still played it tho coz it completly blew me away lolz ah how easily impressed i used to be :eek:

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

cant remember, it was a snes rom though. Possibly zelda link to the past.

9. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

Castlevania on GB.
    As I started using emulators I didn't even have windows 95 so I had a hard time playing on DOS. The emulators were faster but if a single rom crashed you'd have to search through the whole hdd to find out why. :(

10. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

My Uncle put Pokemon Blue, Red, Yellow and Pinball on my computer so it was one of them. :D

11. Reider

Reider Modereider

Final Fantasy 3 for the NES.

12. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

mine was zelda lik to the past

13. dice

dice Active Member

pokemon yellow also actually, my bro brought it home with no$gba on a on a floppy disk.

14. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Chrono trigger

15. poiboy

poiboy Well-Known Member

i was 'fixing' on 2 actually at the same time..

it was

FF3
    Metroid Prime

and i have played sooooooo (stress on "soooooo") many games thanks to this frackin great site.

ps.. and i have happy anticipation for Jam Sessions next week..

8)

16. hsimpson

hsimpson Member

about 8 or 9 yrs ago, i was obsessed with pokemon, so my friend came to my house and he was like want me to get pokemon for you? i said sure
    he said ok, but you have to leave the room and no one can come in the room (obviously cuz it was illegal)
    after a while, he got it and i was playing pokemon blue
    that was my first ever rom

17. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

i even played pokemon silver the first time

18. adrelith

adrelith Well-Known Member

First time I even played a rom it was Pokemon Red on my friends flashcard for the gameboy, when I was in primary school.

19. disturbiated

disturbiated Guest

Death Junior and the Science Fair of Doom, never quite finished, kinda lost intrest, i played it on my R4 on my black DS. As for the place i got it, i got it from right here, on the glorious Romulation. ;D

20. Aiiko

Aiiko Well-Known Member

Harvest Moon for the SNES I think.My dad got two discs full of roms for the SNES and Mega Drive from a market,which I have now lost and they got me into this.