1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Name that Game!!

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by tomitanoshii, Dec 28, 2008.

1. tomitanoshii

tomitanoshii Well-Known Member

It was a long time ago probably 10 years. PSX was booming back then even though sega dreamcast looks better. Playstation rentals were popular back then ( It's where you go in and play PS much like a Cafe Shop). I played this RPG that I couldn't really remember its name. Its a RPG much like the tales series where battles goes in like 2D side-scrolling fighting style. I can't really remember much other than that. I've already downloaded tales of destiny 1 and 2, phantasy star,
    suikoden series. Please help! thanks ;D

PS. - It would really help if you could put out here all the tales-like rpg that you know so I could check them 1 by 1...

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Sega Dreamcast came just before the PS2... Of course it looked better, it was the new generation.

3. tomitanoshii

Yep. Though it's graphical performance is in par with its rivals,Its demise was game makers favor the PS2 due to the initial success of its predecessor. Too bad dreamcast didn't work out, loved the sonic titles :(

4. sasukedude

sasukedude Member

soul blade i think

5. Magma

Magma New Member

Get a list of the RPG's released on the PSX (preferably in chronological order) and cross names off the list as you go. I just looked up Vandal Hearts, Ogre Battle, Beyond the Beyond, Jade Cocoon, Arc the Lad and Alundra. Doesn't seem to be any of those. And then it hit me..

Valkyrie Profile

I am fairly certain this is it. Honorable mention to Lunar & a 'get this now' to Xenogears.

Hope this helps fellow gamer dude

6. khaislash

khaislash Well-Known Member

Do they have mechas in that game?If do,I would be probably guessing " Xenogears "

7. tomitanoshii

eh?? isn't that a fighting game? o_O

Already thought of that.

Hmm it's not VP either loved that one though...

hmm its not mecha either sorry.As far as I can remember the first map was a forest and there were bears there. I'm not really sure 'bout the main character but I think his hair was yellow : /

8. Deorch_Deo

Deorch_Deo Member

Maybe xenogears or valkyrie profile.

9. tomitanoshii

Ok to clear things out I'll put out here 2D tales-like games that I know and played:

Valkyrie Profile
    Xenogears
    Tales of Destiny 1 and 2
    Thousand Arms
    Lunar Series
    Arc the Lad 1-3
    Breath of Fire 3-4
    Rhapsody
    Suikoden Series
    Grandia
    Legend of Mana
    Wild Arms 1 and 2

There are others but will try to remember them but that'll do for now.

10. arvs0z

arvs0z New Member

I'm not sure but maybe, Threads of Fate? Just a wild guess

11. tomitanoshii

Sorry, not that either.... Great game though.

12. 730sparks

730sparks New Member

Star Ocean the second story or whatever

13. rave27

rave27 Active Member

Maybe its Final Fantasy 7 since there is a guy with yellow hair and its an rpg.

14. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

lol. 2D side scroller!