1. This forum is in read-only mode.

N64 on Wii? :/

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by midnightbloodlust, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Okay, I used to play Banjo Kazooie when I had an N64, which I no longer have. I don't have a wireless broadband connection (nor does anybody around us XD), so I can't go onto the Wii Store.
    So I was wondering... Is there a way to get the rom of Banjo Kazooie to play on the Wii WITHOUT mods or chips or anything? I'm asking here because I don't want to try and kill my Wii... Just thought somebody might've done it properly...
    Thanks for the help ^.^
    P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong section, it seemed right to me, though :p

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Sorry, you either need to connect to the internet to buy the games from the shop channel (Banjo Kazooie isn't on there anyway), or you need to soft-mod your Wii to allow you to run homebrew on it, so you can run Wii64 (N64 emulator). To play Banjo Kazooie, the emulator is the only way, but it doesn't play banjo Kazooie perfectly. For N64 games, those are your only options.

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes, that is all true.

Check here for more info - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=35411

4. Cheesewizard

Cheesewizard Well-Known Member

you could soft mod your wii and inject the banjo kazooie wad file onto it, (this would allow it to play perfectly.

but yes you have to mod your wii. if you follow the guides then its impossible to break your wii unless your incredibly stupid.

5. Fredbox

That's not necessarily true. It depends on which wad you inject it into, as each N64 game wad has a slightly different emulator in it. And it might not work well in any of them. I'm pretty certain it wouldn't play perfectly (unless you have it and it does work perfectly, in which case I'm wrong).

6. Cheesewizard

all games that have been released on the virtual console. play perfectly. if you download the wad file for one of those games you get a perfectly working game ^^

im pretty sure banjo kazooie is on the virtual console anyways :/

7. Fredbox

Yeah, the games that have been released work perfectly. Of course they do. If you download the wad of a game that's been released on the VC it works perfectly. But injecting wads with game that haven't been released on the VC can be really dodgy. Each game on the VC has it's own personalised version of the emulator, tailored specifically for that game. So it won't work with alot of games.
    And Banjo Kazooie is definitely not out on the VC. It's owned by Rareware, who are owned by Microsoft now. You think Microsoft would let Nintendo have one of their games?

8. Cheesewizard

yeah i see your point. i never thought of the rare thing lol :p. i guess Pc emulation or wait for an update on Wii64 is the way to go :)

9. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Banjo kazooie runs smoothly on Wii64 but very few of the textures don't load properly.

10. Cheesewizard

does it have sound as most games on wii64 dont?

11. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Why dont you ust downloa project64 and play it on your pc?? It plays on my craptop ( my old desktop) which means it should work for you... if your pc is decent I guess.I refuse to put roms on my newer pc so yea...

12. Games like Banjo Kazooie don't play well on the computer because of the joystick thing =(
    Paper Mario's good, though (Y)

13. rell

rell Well-Known Member

buy a pc controller with anolog sticks for 20$

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah.

You guys should read up on injecting wads and stuff. ;)
    Any RareWare games do NOT work at all. It was made like that so that people couldn't inject RareWare roms into wads.

http://www.wiiso.com/read-before-requesting-t46469.html