1. This forum is in read-only mode.

n64 flash cart for n64 console...

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by mds64, Apr 30, 2010.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Feel free to move this mods.

Ahem, because my google skills lack, and I need keywords to use on ebay or whatever, I'm in the mood to resurrect my n64...but I require something that I saw once before here.

A n64 made flash cart that boots n64 roms on the actual console!

Now I think apocolipta (I can't spell your name :( ) had a clue about it, if he's around please direct him here...my n64 needs to be brought back to life...

And cbf'd installing emulators again.

(Also looking for any other flash cart devices for snes if such things have been made)

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes, they exist for both SNES and N64. However, they are extremely hard to find. N64 ones load roms off a CD or parallel connection to computer, SNES off a floppy or parallel connection to a computer.

I actually have most of the components to build a homebrew N64 device, but I lost the schematics/software package and havent had any luck finding it again

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Wow...sounds complicated.

The one I thought I saw looked like an n64 cart, I could have sworn it was orange...

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Here's a Wikipedia link for the names of the N64 copiers you can use to search on ebay:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_backup_device#Backup_devices_for_consoles

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Oh wow, thanks, now I fully understand these...

Problem is I realised ebay tries to block out any form of game back up device, even acekards are impossible to find :(

...change of question...WHERE can I buy these :p

6. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

How about this?

http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=115&cat=0&page=1

7. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I found an orange cart that sounds exactly like what you were talking about on this page. I can also see a few CD mods and such that were talked about before.

8. Stanley Richards

But I can't find any places to buy it.

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Online vendors are your only options these days.

10. LuckyTrouble77

He might actually have to check out local pawn shops and such for this one, as nowhere on the internet seems to be any working N64 flash carts of any way, shape, or form for sale. Even if he does find one, it could run upwards of several hundred dollars from an online store at this point if they decide to price their product by the fact that it is impossible to get anywhere else.

11. Stanley Richards

http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=115&cat=0&page=1

I still think that link is worth taking a look at, even if the instructions are in plain boo english.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

LOL, like any shops like that around here in australia would hold those, these are considered illegal...

WOW-THANK YOU!

...it's a shame the price is insane, but I suppose I'll just better get the BEST roms and ram them all in...

Saves checking around ebay looking for the real carts/pawn shop hunting :p

13. LuckyTrouble77

I actually tried ebay for you, the only thing there was a broken CD-mod for the N64, didn't think it was really worth posting. xD

14. Stanley Richards

And yet people still sell R4s. You'd think since the nintendo 64 is older then the DS, the piracy issues would have come to a rest.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Some shops get around...or go unchecked like the local shop I bought my acekard from.

16. Stanley Richards

I don't think Singapore cares so much about the piracy of flashcarts. I swear, EVERY SINGLE DS User in singapore uses a flashcart, yet 3/4 of the time don't know what their doing with it. (2 year old girls)